Detect on Sunday and Ye Shall Be Rewarded + Found a Six Shooter

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, well I was hunting Sunday and found this cross. I found it at an old
camp. I think it is from Assisi Italy. On Saturday I found this old
cap gun, I call it the 1 shot-six shooter, you know the kind that only shot
one cap at a time, that is if your old enough to remember them.

HH All, Ringfinder

P.S. I also wanted to post some of the junk I've dug since July. I already threw
this much out from the first part of the year. I hope that all of you are bringing
out the junk you dig. Why the heck do u want to dig it again. Also I hope you
are filling and covering your holes.

Attachments

• hunt on sunday2.jpg
    hunt on sunday2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,395
  • back of sunday find2.jpg
    back of sunday find2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,392
  • six shooter T.jpg
    six shooter T.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,392
Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Nice cap gun. St Francis was from Assisi, but the cross may not be. Nice finds!

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a picture of the junk I've dug since July.

Attachments

• junk dug.jpg
    junk dug.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,356
OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW, that's a great cross! :o Neat gun too!

Nana :)

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all that replied and for all the information about the six
shooter. As for the cross it is 3 inches long and 2 1/4 inches wide. It is all metal
might be brass, it has a gold tint to it.

As for the junk, this is the third pile that I've had here on my trash masher. I have
cleaned it off twice already this year. As for it being on the trashmasher, I for one
go through everything again, before I throw it away. I have a big pail on the floor
filled with coins that I've dug out of this pile and the others. Also one time I was going
through my junk and found what I thought was a washer, after rubbing it, I discovered
that it was a Laws & Flags Civil War token. I pick up everything and check it before
throwing it away, hope you all do the same thing.

HH all, Ringfinder

R

rvbvetter

Whether the cross is from Assisi or the Watusi Tribe, it's still a very nice find. The capgun too!! WTG!!! HH

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one excellent Religious Medal and for the pile of treasure you have one that tray.........Metal prices are going up and thats worth money..............The Six shooter is just like the one I found some years back , but the barrel is broken off!!! But I still have it! Nice job and HH................!

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs, also thanks for showing the junk you dug, I am always curious of how much junk others find. I know I find tons myself, might start saving it just to see how big a pile I can accumulate ;D

sfinder

Jun 25, 2006
Fort Dodge, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Prizm V and DD Coil
Nice cross! I enjoyed the picture of all the junk you've pulled from the ground. Isn't it amazing how littered this country is?

hasbeen

Jan 4, 2006
I also found a cap gun Sunday,it was one of the later models with plastic grips which are missing.The trigger guard is also broken in the same manner as yours.

Yesterday while detecting in the woods next door,I found the barrels from a double barreled 12 ga. shotgun.

I don't save my junk but do bring it home to dispose of.

hasbeen

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Ah yes I remember the cap gun. It is cool to find an old toy that we played with as kids. Nice find!

williefire

Feb 11, 2005
Statesboro Georgia
I saw some of the crosses just like that in Assisi just a few months ago.Great find.My son and I spent 10 days in Italy and one thing I longed for was my M.D. We have a lot of history here but they have some H-I-S-T-O-R-Y. Man, I was awestruck the whole time I was there. Cant wait to go back. I tried to add the pic of he and I at teh monastary of Saint Fransisco but it is too large. I'll try to add them to my website.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread