Detected with a member here today.

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
took off on a hunt to a park that used to be a school, not much in the way of old coins, we were thinking they removed alot of the top layers of soil and too all our loot.

Got approached by animal control. she wants to go also and find stuff lol!

I managed to find a couple bucks in change, all spendable this time. no rotted pennies whatsoever.

we went to the older area of the park to use the retroom and hit the little play area, i guess some young lady broke up with her boyfriend becasue i found a mangle inexpensive gold wire ring. Kinda cool finding gold, even if its small lol!

Jsmith member here found ALOT more coins than i did, he hit the basketball area and found the motherlode of pocket change and other little items.

IMAG0954.jpg

IMAG0953.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
phishisgroovin

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
wile im not sure what grade of gold it is or even if its gold and not gold plated, but it looks like hammered and rolled (lines on it) and then soldered into a ring. Either way, its gold color and i found it lol!

Also found some cheapo fake costume jewlery at the masons lodge, thought for sure we would be onto some ancient coinage there but all the good areas that would have held our beloved old coins was under asphalt.

IMAG0948.jpg

Next time after some heavy recon & studying of the area (talking to the preservation society & historical society too) JSmith & I mayhaps might just get to do some searching on private land and have the finds put in the Kent Valley Museum.

Animal control has friends on the inside lol!

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like gold to me Phish
Might try looking at it under a loupe to see if it has any numbers on the inside of the band.

OP
OP
phishisgroovin

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i had my loupe with me, nothing on the inside. i think its gold wire that was turrned into a ring, inside the solder joint where its cracked looks yellow also so i am lead to believe its real and not plated. will see after work tomorrow in an acid test.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread