Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone,

You've all been finding some stellar stuff lately! And I was hoping that I could swap a bottle digging story with you, but it's been slow in that department, I'm trying to find new places to dig. But I did get out metal detecting yesterday and I wanted to show y'all what I found. I'm aware that this is the glass forum, but you guys are my homeboys.

Anyway, a couple days ago my brother's new detector arrived in the mail. It's a Bounty Hunter or something like that, I'm not sure, not too familiar with the name. Naturally he wanted to try it out, so yesterday we went to a site by the side of the road. 'Trouble is, it's been bulldozed, so the archaeology is a bit mucked up. And I think people have partied there in the past, lots of bottle caps and cans from the 60s and 70s, yuck. I did find a few spots that hadn't been disrupted though, and I came out with some interesting finds. My brother ended up getting pretty much skunked, but he sort of went in blind, so when he gets to know his machine he'll do a lot better for sure.

I did get my oldest coin so far, an 1884 Victoria, it's a beauty, I love it. Then I got a couple heart stoppers which ended up being these darn commemorative gas tokens from the 60s. A silver plated spoon, and interesting piece of brass, a toy car, a bell (missing its dingaling), and this interesting stamp thing. Is it from a printing press? It shows time adjustments for Washington, London, and Salt Lake City.

Anyway, that was yesterday's hunt. It was a lot of fun! I'll do my best to probe around for a privy.

Good luck and happy hunting,

NJ

DSCF1134.JPG DSCF1146.JPG DSCF1153.JPG DSCF1159.JPG DSCF1185.JPG DSCF1188.JPG DSCF1199c.jpg DSCF1201c.jpg DSCF1195.JPG

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
That patina on that coin is awesome. Nice getaway from glass for a bit. Congrats. Jgas.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a cool stamp.

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I do love the colour of the coin, I guess for you guys it would be like finding a nice Indian head penny.

I'm hoping to get out for some bottle digging soon, I want to find a brand new dump with some good glass. But we're in the middle of a rainstorm here, supposed to get almost 2 inches of rain!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like ya'll had a good time hunting. The Victoria is really nice with some great patina. Clean it a little with a toothpick and a damp cloth. ThNks for the post and happy hunting

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great work . Nice finds !! Hurricane irma has me detecting for spanish treasure instead of bottling. Lots of good glass washed up after the storm. Time to get some bottles. Its nice to mix it up a bit and do a little of both hobbies !!

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great work . Nice finds !! Hurricane irma has me detecting for spanish treasure instead of bottling. Lots of good glass washed up after the storm. Time to get some bottles. Its nice to mix it up a bit and do a little of both hobbies !!

Yes sir, it's definitely good to mix it up. I never thought I'd get into metal detecting, but here I am. I'm really itchin' for some good glass though!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you make some finds please post them. How did the metal detecting go? Were you in the location of treasure beach?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes sir its been good. Lots of galleon artifacts and one nice banner cob coin. Treasure beach was washed out but treasure is being found there too. Got 2 silver bridal rosettes and some decorative brass gun furniture at treasure beach. 4th pic from left to right on the banner board is my cob.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I'll check it out

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great assortment! That brass piece reminds me of a bat wing. All of those things are cool- thanks for the show ;)
HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread