Detecting a Void or Cave

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no easy way to do this, we had special equipment that would listen for underground streams so we would not drill or blast into one. Some are very hot and move a lot of water .

Another way they would do is use a listening device like a Doctor would use to hear if anything was there.
If you think it is a dry hole then you might have to drill a pilot hole into the wall to see . You can use a star drill and one other man to do this. Some would use a laser thermal gun to see if there was a big temp change in a small area !
But other than that you may need a detector that was made to look for those. You might be able to rent some of this equipment to see if it will help you find out .

But there is no easy way that I have seen or used , now someone on here might know of something that I do not .
Good luck !

OP
OP
starsplitter

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
Thanks again... I will check into your suggestions. Drilling is out though... hmmm.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ALERT- Whites TM -big blue box with dual antena does/has/ and will find not only voids,caves but chests of anything as different composition and voids set'r'off. Technology been around for at least 30+ years. Just gotta have experience in these thangs to know what to do--John :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
starsplitter

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
Hoser....

What??? Are you saying the White's will NOT find voids, etc., or that it WILL find them? In any case, we are talking about a substantial amount of non-magnetic rock (perhaps several meters) layed above the void.

Thank you for your input.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DOES----HAS ALWAYS---AND WILL-- :notworthy: only whites I like and it was luv :laughing7: at first recovery a goodies :icon_sunny: go get ya some-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread