Detecting and Cellphones

Demrok

May 24, 2007
Hey all!
I live in the Bradenton area and I was just wondering if anyone finds cellphones at all when they hit the beach?
I recently got into another hobby of repairing cellphones.. and was wondering if anyone ever finds any when they're out.

I also found and returned 2 cellphones to people who had lost them, in the span of 3 days =D
one fell off the back of a truck as we headed down Cortez and I had to make a U-Turn to pick it up ;) the other was laying on a sidewalk.

So if you find a cellphone (that seemingly doesn't work) while out detecting, let me know!
Maybe we can work together on returning it =)

Thanks!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I have only found 1 so far and returned it within about 5 minutes. Kid across the street from the park had left it behind.

BTW I'll be in Bradenton next week...blonde hair and pony tail. Say hi if you see me!!!

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only found one and it was so messed up by the salt water. Even the back of the battery was all puffed up from being in water.

PMike

Jul 8, 2008
Jax, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300 Whites Surf Pro PI
Howdy Demrock,

Couldn't resist replying. I was born or hatched in Bradenton and lived there until my early 20's. Bradenton will always be home to my heart! I lived on the East side and graduated from Southeast way back in 73. My brother and one of my sisters still live in the area.

God Bless,
Mike

OP
OP
D

Demrok

May 24, 2007
Thanks for the replies everyone =)
cntrydncr1 - I think I may have said this in another post but, I probably won't see you out there since I left my Ace250 at my parents place in Canada >_< But GL out there =D let me know if you find any cell phones ;)

and that's cool Mike
I'm definitely not a native to Florida =)
Born and raised in Manitoba Canada, living down here to be with my lady love =)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread