Detecting downtown Murphys, CA

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am seeking permission to hunt a lot close to downtown Murphys. Some of the lot has had large shrubbery for MANY years. The current resident said yes and says the landlord was sure to ok it. Anyone with a power brush cutter want to join me? Murphys goes back to the 1850's. GOOD possiblities. Let me know. TTC

Upvote 0

Prius

Sep 3, 2011
No brush cutter, but willing to make the drive from Sacramento. My new ATPRO Arrives Wednesday. Maybe the 5x8 coil can dart thru it.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No brush cutter, but willing to make the drive from Sacramento. My new ATPRO Arrives Wednesday. Maybe the 5x8 coil can dart thru it.
Hey Prius, We'll fit you in. I am sure this will be an all spring and summer operation. I need to be in AZ on the 12th so there will be a slight delay. I cannot give too many details here because this is private property. If I don't PM you by the 20th, PM me. The place has good potential but, as with these kind of things, no promises. Ok? TTC

62dold

Jan 13, 2013
kentucky
Detector(s) used
white, bounty hunter, white tresure ray,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guy's! if your hunting in town look for property that has had a house or building removed. I found where a building was bulldozed, about twelve inches of ground removed. I found three dime's and several indian penny's five inches deep. They would have been 17 or 19 inches befor the grade was cut.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Been there, done that", 62. A home was razed on the main drag in Murphys. The lot was completely cleared. I was drooling, watching the lot for activity so I could make contact. The next time I saw work that had been done there, the lot had at least one foot of fill leveled on it. Oh, well. TTC

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Terry, you gotta hop on those old-town urban scraped demolition sites, right away! No waiting around, lest they be filled with fill-dirt. What were you waiting for?

Prius

Sep 3, 2011
Hey Prius, We'll fit you in. I am sure this will be an all spring and summer operation. I need to be in AZ on the 12th so there will be a slight delay. I cannot give too many details here because this is private property. If I don't PM you by the 20th, PM me. The place has good potential but, as with these kind of things, no promises. Ok? TTC
Thanks for the invite Terry. I have put it on my calendar for a follow up on 3/20.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the invite Terry. I have put it on my calendar for a follow up on 3/20.
I did not jump on it, Tom, because it is private property and I did not have permission. I was waiting until someone was at the site to get owner's info. TTC

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin Terry,
What kind of growth we talking about: high weeds, blackberry bushes, sticks? Heavy whacking takes heavy duty accessories. Any weed whacker will throw stones and they always seem to end up at a window so be careful of your cutting angle to any buildings.............63bkpkr

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, 63! Some of the brush is OLD... 3/4 inch or so. Old weeds, just a bunch of neglected area. I will take a loper cutter for the big stuff. TTC

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I lived a bit closer.......I'd love to join you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread