detecting for metal detectors

nuggetnoggin

Jul 8, 2010
somewhere in NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Fisher F70, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i had a good day today it started out slow, and then we found an old homesite, after a little bit of scouting i found a bottle dump but didnt find much in it so i went back to detecting, i saw an old barn in the growed up woods i went to check it out and after i looked inside of it i saw a pond down hill. I detected my way over there and i got a solid , headphone blowing signal, i looked in the leaves and saw something that looked like a geiger count, then i saw the coil, so i went back and got my camera because i knew i just found a metal detector while metal detecting. now thats a rare find !

Attachments

• DSC01705.JPG
    DSC01705.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 1,170
  • DSC01706.JPG
    DSC01706.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 1,167
  • DSC01707.JPG
    DSC01707.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,167
Upvote 0

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You have got to be kidding me?

I'm wondering if what happened to him happened to me last year. I was detecting out by you, and I came across a huge yellow jacket nest in the ground. You know what I am talking about right? I'm telling you buddy, it took everything I had to hold on to my detector. I was stung all over. I left my digging tool next to the plug and haven't been back! I was sick for three days. Crazy they just left it out there.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nuggetnoggin said:
VWandSTUDEBAKER said:
So where did the person who was using the detector go to. Did someone get him? Did he just vanish? Did Aliens snatch him up where he was detecting? Makes you wonder....HHHmmmmm ??????
i think he went for a swim in the pond and aligators got him and his finds, i hope he or she is ok and not still there, lol
What alligators?

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm with you, Bubba707....I want nothing to do with the 'social networking' sites!

Nugget, nice find! Does it work? Also, if you store the pics on a site like Photobucket, it doesn't matter about the megp size........you just copy the IMG info and paste it in your post.....it resizes automatically.

OP
OP
nuggetnoggin

nuggetnoggin

Jul 8, 2010
somewhere in NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woodland Detectors 4-H said:

I'm wondering if what happened to him happened to me last year. I was detecting out by you, and I came across a huge yellow jacket nest in the ground. You know what I am talking about right? I'm telling you buddy, it took everything I had to hold on to my detector. I was stung all over. I left my digging tool next to the plug and haven't been back! I was sick for three days. Crazy they just left it out there.
i dont know, now i didnt find it where the picture was taken it was near a pond , i want to find his finds pouch

OP
OP
nuggetnoggin

nuggetnoggin

Jul 8, 2010
somewhere in NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nuggetnoggin said:
VWandSTUDEBAKER said:
So where did the person who was using the detector go to. Did someone get him? Did he just vanish? Did Aliens snatch him up where he was detecting? Makes you wonder....HHHmmmmm ??????
i think he went for a swim in the pond and aligators got him and his finds, i hope he or she is ok and not still there, lol
What alligators? i'm joking no alligators around here, atleast i hope not ,i'm 200 plus mile inland

OP
OP
nuggetnoggin

nuggetnoggin

Jul 8, 2010
somewhere in NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roland58 said:
I'm with you, Bubba707....I want nothing to do with the 'social networking' sites!

Nugget, nice find! Does it work? Also, if you store the pics on a site like Photobucket, it doesn't matter about the megp size........you just copy the IMG info and paste it in your post.....it resizes automatically.
that what i did form facebook didnt work, but i resized them on my camera and uploading them again

Bank Runner

Jan 10, 2009
nuggetnoggin said:
VWandSTUDEBAKER said:

Alligators in "NORTH" Carolina :icon_scratch:

[/quote

I have experienced that and it is not fun. It is one of very few plausible answers to why the detector would be left.

OP
OP
nuggetnoggin

nuggetnoggin

Jul 8, 2010
somewhere in NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginThePast said:
Awesome find. :headbang:

So what did it ring up as? :laughing7:
Just another pull-tab signal, i dig them so thats why i'm probably the only person who found a detector while detecting

Engineer in MD

Jan 6, 2011
Berlin/Ocean City, MD
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites Eagle II SL, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find, first I've heard of.

Also note the rusty nail as the clevis pin replacement above the coil. Me thinks that might interfere with the coil.... :laughing7:

OP
OP
nuggetnoggin

nuggetnoggin

Jul 8, 2010
somewhere in NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
amasters said:

Also note the rusty nail as the clevis pin replacement above the coil. Me thinks that might interfere with the coil.... :laughing7:
yes it would have, tape a penny or nail on you coil and seen how good it works, i guess they didnt know it would pick up an nail

Bubba707

Dec 28, 2010
N E Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
DFX, AT Pro, Vaquero, Cortes
All I get is a login page for Facebook and I'm not about to bother registering, sorry. The pics you here look great though. Nice old detector. Now you have one for each hand. :laughing7:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Dear red,

If this ever happens to Me And I survive Please Pay someone to go out and Pick up My Detector,AP digger, Garretts Pinpointer, And everything else Except the Under clothes because they Might Be allot messy as I was Ripping every thing off my body as I running around like A mad Man trying to find some lake or stream to dive into before I start swelling up and Going Into shock Chug!!!

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
amasters said:

I am thinking thats exactly why it was left there, some joker used a nail to keep the coil on, went out to hunt, it wouldnt shut up with the noise, and thought it was broke. He threw it down in disgust and walked away. That's my theory

OP
OP
nuggetnoggin

nuggetnoggin

Jul 8, 2010
somewhere in NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gmanlight said:
WOW i have only found 3 detectors is the woods in 25 years .
Lucky u
but didnt see this one i just swung over it and found it ,lol

OP
OP
nuggetnoggin

nuggetnoggin

Jul 8, 2010
somewhere in NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug and Red said:

lol, i bet the guy was detecting go into yellow jackets and dropped his stuff and just in the pond about 50ft away from where i found it

Dear red,

If this ever happens to Me And I survive Please Pay someone to go out and Pick up My Detector,AP digger, Garretts Pinpointer, And everything else Except the Under clothes because they Might Be allot messy as I was Ripping every thing off my body as I running around like A mad Man trying to find some lake or stream to dive into before I start swelling up and Going Into shock Chug!!!

gmanlight

Jun 17, 2007
MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works
Or he went to the gator pond [nude] just him and his machine.
With the machine sounding off on every sweep [the nail]
He thought he was getting closer to the lost Confederate stash of gold.
As he got close to the pond he knew the gold was close [the nail]
Diving in and wrapping his hands around leather bound
stash [the gator ] it did not end well for the guy looking for a dime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions