Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will if you are willing to dig all your pull tab /nickel, foil , bottle cap , and "can slaw" type signals .

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there is a gold coin under your detector and your not opposed to digging lots of holes looking for that coin. Will something like a garret 250 detect it... Yes, yes it will ;)

OP
OP
S

spummerr

Mar 31, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious, why would you have to dig a lot of holes?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He means you would have to dig a lot of targets most of which is tin foil, pop tops etc to finally find a gold coin, which would be digging. " a lot of holes" .

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*Chuckles*
As Msbeepbeep said spummer lots of holes will be dug looking for that gold coin because most trash items have the same identification pattern on a detector that gold in all its forms has. Unless you have a map and X marks the spot... well its all about the mystery isn't it? *grin* I always consider it amusing that gold being such a sought after and valuable item ranks right up there with trash on our beloved magic wands.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious, why would you have to dig a lot of holes?

Gold, such as rings will display on the computer screen of a detector, the same as pieces of an aluminum can the lawnmower hit.

There is no magic, it basically boils down to dig everything. If you don't dig everything, you will miss the gold. I found a men's class ring years ago. I think it was on my Gamma. It rang up 58. What the issue is, beaver tails, the old pull top on coke cans ring up 57. And ladies rings being smaller will ring up less than 57.

You'll be surprised how much better you do if you just listen to the detector and dig everything. You'll be less tired and cover more ground.

Last edited:

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking of trying this hobby, If I buy say a Garrett 250 or a detector in that beginner category, Will it detect gold coins?
....... simple-answer.png ................Yes.............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions