detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,
I wanted to go out detecting, but the weather just would'nt cooperate, I can't wait for warmer weather!!!!!

image-2828645920.jpg

Upvote 1

Dignitup

Jan 17, 2008
Ackerman,MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats beautiful detroit but im liking this sunshine and 70 degree weather we been having here in MS. Keep ya head up tho it will get better soon my friend.

Mi$terG

Jan 25, 2013
Eastern MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
I hear you, Detroit. Just got two feet of snow here in the Boston area... Will have to wait for March, I guess.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
60 miles North of you, detroitdigger, we got hammered.........10 inches!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no snow here:thumbsup:

wayne91101

Jan 26, 2013
Vesta Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO with 8.5X11" COIL AND COVER,Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Garrett PRO Pointer,Lesche digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think you guys got it bad? Try ordering your equipment today and having to wait untill it gets here. I have to wait until Wed.-Thur. before it will get here then I hope all the rain is gone by then. THEN work till 5 pm and it gets dark by 6:30, plus got my kids ball practice during the week. NOW I feel your pain not completely understanding what it's like to have you equipment and not be able to go out and hunt. The anticipation of what is in my area that is still out there to be found is killing me! Knowing no body around me has been out with a detector because I have been looking for a year now and i havent seen anyone with a metal detector in there hand. I have been at the ball fields with my kids for the past 4 years and NO ONE! So the things to be found are waiting for me to get out with my new equipment. I hope the weather gets better for all of you that are snowed in and you get to go out soon BUT most of all I hope all of you are fine and keep your heads up the weather cant stay like this forever!!!

1Radr4lf

Sep 9, 2012
Owasso, OK
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro and Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bummer...I'm flying up to Detroit tomorrow night. Headed to Southfield for the week and was thinking about bringing my detector, but that doesn't look good...:BangHead:

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel your pain. we didnt get hit as hard here in Kalamazoo as many others did, But with that said Need a jack hammer to make any digs now.

OP
OP
detroitdigger

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the replies everyone, I'm dying to get out there! My buddies and I have some good prospects as soon as the weather breaks. DD. HH

jethroWB

Greenie
Jan 1, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Im painfully waiting for the thaw. The ground is still rock hard here in Iowa.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have compiled, and researched quite a list of places, both private and public,that are must hit spots, as well as stock piled enough batteries for 8 complete changes, for my Ace 350, and a couple for pin pointer. All the ducks are in a row, just need to get rid of this stupid snow!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spring is coming. :sunny: (I hope!) LOL We got another 5" of wet stuff Friday on top of what we already had. :sadsmiley:

HH

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am working up a list of locations in Allegan co, Barry Co and in Kalamazoo co. If I get the one I want in Allegan I think it will pan out real well.

MNcoinhunter

Nov 19, 2012
Northern Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-5, 6" Excelerator EQ2, SEF 10X12.
Garrett AT Pro, 8X11 DD & 5X8 DD,
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are in the middle of a snowstorm as I write this. 6 to 12 expected overnight and tomorrow. I won't see thawed ground for another 6 weeks anyways. Let it snow !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread