detecting in parks victoria parks ( whats the story ) ?

lazyaussie

Jan 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
garret ace250 explorer ll excal 1000 whites BHID
i do a lot of detecting in parks around VIC & i"v heard that detecting in parks run by parks Victoria is not allowed i asked a ranger & was told no go but looked on there web site & found that only prospecting with a detector in not designated ares is a no go nuthing said about general detecting EG coins + jewellery hunting ?? has any one heard anything on the matter ???
if no detecting is allowed in areas run by parks vic it would close down most of the best sites to hunt older stuff.
thanks lazyaussie

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lazyaussie said:
i do a lot of detecting in parks around VIC & i"v heard that detecting in parks run by parks Victoria is not allowed i asked a ranger & was told no go but looked on there web site & found that only prospecting with a detector in not designated ares is a no go nuthing said about general detecting EG coins + jewellery hunting ?? has any one heard anything on the matter ???
if no detecting is allowed in areas run by parks vic it would close down most of the best sites to hunt older stuff.
thanks lazyaussie

Most of the best parks are under the Historical Act and for different reasons.Most parks have beeen cleaned out long ago.Look for unreserved crown land and i think you will find plenty of relics.Trust me you will but it takes a bit of research.Good luck

tinpan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread