Detecting in the tomato garden...

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I decided to swing the AT gold over our new tomato beds making sure the house plumbing was free and clear. I hit quite a few signals, and checked them out. Ive been finding lots and lots of 55 year old construction metal, washers, old fuzes, rubbish and coins all cents. I found some really poor condition wheaties with crystalization corrision. I want to know to best clean them from it.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the dates. If they aren't rare, just tumble them along with your other cents. If they are rare dates/mintmarks, there are several methods of cleaning them. Most ways will only make them worse looking to collectors. If you must clean them, check out the section here on Tnet that deals with cleaning and preserving of finds. There are a bunch of methods and procedures to follow.

OP
OP
G

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah I figured as much... I was hoping for a miracle I guess. Thanks for the vital input.:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread