Detecting inside of houses???

74BRONC

Oct 24, 2006
Is there any machine out there that can pick up on treasure buried under the concrete slab or in cinderblocks of a house? I would think that the rebar would make it pretty much impossible to determine where to dig.

How well would the Garrett GTI2500 do at this job
That is the detector that I am leaning towards purchasing and it would be great if I could use it for this job as well.

Has anybody tried this?

detectoraddict

Aug 3, 2004
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, DFX, F-75
I have used the explorer with a 12 inch coil for this but not on the concrete floors. I have only found two caches and one I have posted here. The other one I was detecting an old farmsite and I ran my coil across the cinder blocks of the old back porch. I saw the motor was missing from one when I got a hit. I pulled this block out and had a baby food jar with half dollars in it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 2500 would do a good job inside a home wall or concrete slab. I don't think a cache would be buried under a slab. How would they get at it when wanted? For traceing the rebars, a small coil would work, but again I don't think hiding money in cement would be a first choice, in a wall yes. You can trace the wiring in a wall with the detector and anything out of the ordinary would have to be checked. Don't forget the doors. A friend of mine had his machine go off on the front door. Turned out to be hollow with all silver halves and dollars inside. There was a slot at the top of the door where the coins were inserted. We took the whole door to his barn where he broke it open. I forget now how much money he found as it was in the 70's.

Sandman

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI, use a small coil and go parallel to the indicated Re-bars. Do the same if you have to detect alongside a wire fence of anything else metallic. You have to establish the reactive factor, sound level, then maintainng this sound level, carefully scan parallel listening for any change. It can be done, but go carefully.

Tropical Tramp

OP
OP

74BRONC

Oct 24, 2006
Ok guys
Looks like Im going with the GTI 2500 with the depth multiplier. Can anybody recommend me a good company to buy it from?

CACHEHNTR

Jan 25, 2006
Hibbing, Mn
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bronc, I purchased mine from kellyco. Either you like the company or you don't. I don't have a "local" dealer here so thats why I went with kellyco. They had a good deal with the bigger coil and many many extras. I'm happy with them and thats all that counts.

ither you like the company or you don't. I don't have a "local" dealer so I went with kellyco. They had the best deal.

schj24

Jul 4, 2006
Baltimore
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Do you think it can be done with a PrizmII. There are some 1800's hosesthat are being torn don.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread