Detecting made a little easier....I think

Btoots

Nov 16, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all. Some of you may have these but in all the youtube vids I’ve seen, I’ve never seen a detector with one. Point is though, that the stands(both) cost me $7 in total and about an hour of fun building. All it takes are some plumbing parts spray paint, and a little heat to form the PVC. I couldn’t dig without one. Too much laying down of the tector.
Removable with one screw(for the jungle hunts.) And great for the beach.
Something to think about. PM me if you have any questions on what to get. No I don’t sell these, just like to help fellow hunters :) IMG_5736.jpg

Upvote 19

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lean mine against a tree or just hold it:)

OP
OP
B

Btoots

Nov 16, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get it Smokey, I've got the Z-link headset and it's just nice to walk away and return and not have to bend over, it's like a gun holster, I've stopped even looking for the detector since I know right where to grab for it. Keep in mind, we're in Florida and dig an average of 150 holes(or more) in a 4 hour hunt

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool modification! :occasion14:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems like they would get in the way of swinging?

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool idea!!! A lot less bending of the coil wire unintentionally.

OP
OP
B

Btoots

Nov 16, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question, the way it's formed, it never makes contact w/ me and actually counter balances the coil weight a bit. Makes the center of gravity closer to the handle making swinging smoother.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool Btoots! My Deus loves to flop over almost every time I set it down. Very annoying. Your solution may be a little more than what I was thinking ( I hunt mostly in the woods), but its got me thinking. Thanks for the post.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My ATpro is always covered in mud so it seems, I like to think of it as camo and never clean it.... :laughing9:

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's brilliant! I'd get a patent out on that right away before one of the big companies steals the design and starts making them in bulk.

OP
OP
B

Btoots

Nov 16, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
never thought about it. I secure it to the shaft piece via a small screw and can remove it at any time. I'm finishing up a diagram and will post it here tomorrow with a list of what it takes to make

OP
OP
B

Btoots

Nov 16, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I'd make some instruction on assembly. I'm no engineer but it's passable.....I think Publication1.jpg

You might want to click on the picture and save image to you computer and then print out..

The shaft of my detector as a bit larger than the TREE A inner shaft diameter, I had to enlarge the inner diameter using a sanding bit in my drill press. Use a propane torch to heat the PVC, bend, and run under water to lock in angle. I used epoxy on all joints accept at TREE A, a screw there allows easy removal(E). I suggest buying 1/2” electrical PVC for the shaft since it’s a bit thicker. Assemble and glue all parts first, then insert shaft (C) and align before drilling through screw (E) hole. The
dimensions are for my height(5’10“)and a Garrett AT MAX, the longest part of the shaft(C) needs to be adjusted to your height and detector. Painting is up to the user.
Be sure to dry fit shaft C and set detector on a flat surface before drilling hole E to ensure proper stability…..

Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting but my spade works just fine, no extra weight required.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thinking. Maybe not for everyone but there are some that may just love it. Keep on keeping on.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think that those who use detectors that do not have wireless headphones, will have to have one long cord for their headphones. That stand makes for a lot longer reach on the cord.

OP
OP
B

Btoots

Nov 16, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always love your posts Crusader, you're stuff make my stuff look like well,,,,just stuff. Amazing finds you pull. As for this, yes it's not for everyone but the older one gets, any advantage to be had with regard to range of motion is a good thing. You old enough to hear your knees crack when you bend over? It ain't pretty:) ... it also allows me to tighten my coil completely so no flopping(13 inch NEL) and no additional coil cord movement. Never thought about the extra weight so I weighed it and it comes in at 7.5 ounces. Keep Pulling 1000 year old stuff out of the ground and I'll keep watching

OP
OP
B

Btoots

Nov 16, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my experience with the corded headphones using an AT Pro, the stand allowed for much more movement. Consider where the detector is when swinging, and when set down, basically stays at the mid point of you body. Getting down to the hole, you stay within the standing range of the cord. Never had an issue, And for anyone who still has corded headphones, I'd suggest Garrett's MS3 Z lick wireless kit, works unbelievably and makes your day easier having around a 20 foot range. Has a pinpointer you can also use through the headphones. Couldn't dig without them...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread