Detecting near Vegas

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd try to find out were all the spring breaker college kids party and get all drunk and stupid. There's gotta be some outside hangouts that aren't on some Corp. property. Good ol parks - lots of ritzy housewife's with big rings to match their big - hoo hoo's- in the Vegas area i'm sure. Lol

Good Luck
AjR

Gold_Hunter

Dec 31, 2013
WY
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Try Sunset Park. It's one of the larger parks in the Vegas area. Lots of ground to cover. Volleyball courts with sand to search too! I'll be swinging by Vegas for the Gold Show at Southpoint this weekend.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you're looking for nuggets, try to contact a club with claims in the area or head out to Gold Basin, not too bad of a drive from Vegas.

All the best,

Lanny

fatman45

Feb 23, 2015
Nevada Test Site
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Goodsprings district is southwest of Vegas about 20 miles. I know people who have found gold in the washes below the old mines there. Searchlight is about 40 miles south of Vegas - same thing with washes below the old mines. Though the ground around there is heavily staked so access may be a problem.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
That would be Lake Havasu, its not exactly close, its actually a lot closer to Laughlin. I don't think its more then 90 minutes to Vegas from Havasu.
If an excaliber 2 could hold together long enough to search the lake floor of Copper Canyon, geez cha ching!!!......

Its a boat culture, The thing to do is to show off you top of the line watercraft. Its not where street urchins go for Spring break.
At the beaches under London bridge would be ok, but the thing to do would be to get out to the sand bars where most of the "adolescents" go to drink beer.
They have to bring their money with them to repeatedly buy beer to fuel the 45 day drunken marathon that occurs in 120 hour shifts for 6 weeks strait.

Don't ever let your kids go to this place.

Getting back to Copper canyon, the thing to do is to jet ski over to this huge cliff circled lagoon, on the other side of the lake (Its actually more like a huuuuuge river) climb the cliff, and jump. There are tens of thousands of kids fornicating and getting drunk shoulder to shoulder for 6 weeks strait both in and out of the water.

When the Jet ski mounted cops on temporary "duty" from New York, Virginia, Miami, Los Angeles etc come by, the entire place clears out in about 2 minutes, and then the cycle repeats.

So much clad, you wonder why you just don't go back home and get a $15 an hour job.....

Its a site.....

By the way, I was there for two days about two weeks ago and some, all or none of the descriptive elements contained in my preceding statement may or may not reflect my actual experience there.

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Down river from the dam are the Colorado river placers. Got a few small nuggets,panned fines and a BIG solid silver amalgamation plate,first ever for me. About 16 years ago and the road is a mite dicey, 4 x 4 was the best idea then-lotza luck-John

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just went to the gold show in Vegas, and there were two local clubs represented there, and they've got lots of ground.

I bumped into Doc (Doc's detector's, Vegas) and he says it's a great way to get access to some nice claims (dry washing and detecting), plus you get the advantage of being with a great group of people that share the same interest.

All the best,

Lanny

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Changed plans. Flew out of Stockton on Allegient air. $116 R/T per. One hr. flight beats 9 to 10 hrs. driving.

Beats the driving any day!

Nice choice.

All the best,

Lanny

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Lanny, which area were you able to settle on to detect? How did everything turn out?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread