Detecting on St. Augustine beach

M

mmtipton21

We are going to St. Augustine at the first of October and I want to do some metal detecting on the beach. This will be a first for me, I have done some detecting at home in the back fields and a couple of other places, but the beach is going to be a new one for me! Does anyone have any good tips and/or places around St. Augustine that you could share with a newbie :)

Thanks in advance, Matt

Upvote 0

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mmtipton21 said:
We are going to St. Augustine at the first of October and I want to do some metal detecting on the beach. This will be a first for me, I have done some detecting at home in the back fields and a couple of other places, but the beach is going to be a new one for me! Does anyone have any good tips and/or places around St. Augustine that you could share with a newbie :)

Thanks in advance, Matt

Hi Matt: Go to the following URL, http://thegoldenolde.com/oldego3.htm Every thing you want to know about beach hunting is there. St Augustine is great, work the areas with the largest crowds, in and out of the water. Good luck and find a Rolex!!!!
Deepsix

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JvilleHunter

Jun 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Equinox 800
Anywhere on St.Augustine Bch is good. There are some who have found many NICE(OLD) things on that stretch of beach..:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread