Detecting sites that lie in the worst possible places.

GreatWhite00

Sep 7, 2009
Cleveland ,Oh
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
I often wonder about all of the coins and relics that were left behind by our grandparents and great grandparents in areas that are now too "ghetto" to detect. I have been through some really rough areas that my folks once prospered in. I can't help but wonder what is left behind in those "lots".

The other thing I often think about are areas that are now man made reservoirs.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'v never seen a town or
"Ghetto" I Wouldn't Try to detect in yet.

If the place is Mowed or Dirt.

I Don't know who's Bright Idea it was
to Flood Towns, with Outhouses, Septic tanks,
Homes, Trash Pits & everything else
to make man made reservoirs,
Then Complain about what we do in our own
back yards, but it's definately a shame for
these places.

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Blacktop and Concrete covers ALOT of Our History. The so called Ghettos is nothing but a Area that you may not want to detect at night, but is hunted everyday.
I know of several sites in the bottom of Lakes, but if you follow the roads going into the Lakes and with Granted permission, You will find some great sites to detect.

Nova Treasure

OP
OP
GreatWhite00

GreatWhite00

Sep 7, 2009
Cleveland ,Oh
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
I was wondering what lies in the areas within Cleveland, Warren, Youngstown, Canton, and Akron. I wouldn't want to drive through, let alone detect in some of these areas.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say hit em at day break when everyone has done gone to bed or is still asleep an hit em hard , dont be scared .

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
we have a housing project called oakridge dont let the nam fool you it aint as pretty as the name it is a ghetto a lot of the trees are still from when it was called sacred heart covent and catholic school and all the walls there are a few houses that were built on the property i am looking into obtaing permission to md them and a old old old house is on the north end of the block at one time it was leaning to the north they fixed it up and it is now standing straight again will try for permission there also .

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ole possum, we gotta get into some of those Troost neighborhood yards.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I'm yer huckleberry --I detect (with land owner permission ) in any area -- I pack both the "right additude" and a gun -- I don]t bother n body or mind other folks bussiness -- and ain't nobody gonna bother me either.

cwlead

Mar 24, 2008
Try Grand and Delmar in St. Louis, Was laid out there, struck to the back of the head while waiting at bus stop.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
oh I've tried the grayhound bus station area in st louis -- beat the crap out 3 punks that wanted to try to roll me there --I went to st louis by bus to meet up with a push boat working on the river to work as a cook on em back in 1983 -- that area was a cesspool then too.

alexfm123

Nov 17, 2009
Far West Texas
Out here, the only place that i would really like to look at, but wont, is the area along the Rio Grande. Personally, i havent seen anything, but about a year ago I was hanging around after school was over and started talkin to my world history teacher, and he told me about this time he and some of his friends were camping by Sierra Blanca and stopped by the river for something, I cant remember what. Anyways, as there standing there, a truck pulls up out of the bushes on the mexico side, and stops. The guy gets out, draws a .45, and yells at my teacher & friends to leave. Thats not something I would like to deal with, regardless of whether Im packin or not.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What does a vest cost, Full body armor?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread