Detecting with 4-H - The spanking I got!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H Mike and I both live in NC but about 4 hours apart. We've been trying to get together to detect since last year.
Yesterday we finally met at one of Mike's spots. Folks, it was out in the boonies! I could have made a killing selling my teeth to the locals if you know what I mean. My "Indiana Hoosier" (Yankee) front license plate and Toyota truck stuck out like a sore thumb. :tongue3: Mike was quick to offer to drive. Wonder why? :dontknow:
Mike and I hit four spots of his, and I enjoyed getting my tail kicked at every one of them. ;D
The grass was high at two of them, so I'm using that as my excuse for my sad finds. Mike on the other hand is a master with his Minelab, and was popping 1800's buttons out every time I looked over. $OB!!! :o
I told him if I go home with nothing it will be quite embarrassing. :icon_pale: :crybaby2: At property #1, I dug a large iron ring with a hook. We believe it was to hang a kettle from. I gave it to the property owner. At property #2, I got a lantern piece and some rusty square nails. :'( Property #3, I finally dug an 1800's flat button. At property #4, which was fairly new to Mike too, I dug a medal in the field right away. Mike disappeared like David Copperfield. :icon_scratch: He called me on my cell and guided me across a huge field to a spot he had located where an old house once sat. Pottery shards, bricks, old iron, etc. were everywhere. I was supposed to leave to head back home about 3:30 pm, but didn't get on the road until about 5:30pm. ::)
Time flies when....................
I'm hoping to get back to that last field again if Mike can put up with me. I just know there are going to be some good finds out there!
Thanks again Mike. I had a great time!!! You are always welcome to hunt my spots when you can make it over.
-Doug-
P.S. The family was still eating dinner when I got home, so I did o.k. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• MVC-194S.JPG
    MVC-194S.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 626
  • MVC-195S.JPG
    MVC-195S.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 603
  • MVC-196S.JPG
    MVC-196S.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 624
  • MVC-197S.JPG
    MVC-197S.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 614
  • MVC-198S.JPG
    MVC-198S.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 617
  • MVC-199S.JPG
    MVC-199S.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 615
  • MVC-200S.JPG
    MVC-200S.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 618
  • MVC-201S.JPG
    MVC-201S.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 617
  • MVC-202S.JPG
    MVC-202S.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 612
  • MVC-203S.JPG
    MVC-203S.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 625
  • Mike.jpg
    Mike.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 622
  • Flower field.jpg
    Flower field.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 616
Upvote 0

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds those old field sites always give up good relics, good observation with the flowers those daffodils dont grow wild and come back forever :thumbsup: Good Hunt Dd60

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread