Detecting with a Hook

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Everything is frozen solid in these Northern Parts. With Windchills hitting -30 this past week the girls were stir crazy from being inside. So we braved the elements yesterday and they were able to do some detecting with a line and hook. Cheyenne's big catch of the day a 26 inch Northern. I was afraid it was going to pull her back through the ice hole. Will have to post a pic of it later as my batteries died. But until that point.....36 pan fish taken and a few bass thrown back

Attachments

• chey ice fishing.JPG
    chey ice fishing.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,279
  • mo ice fishing.JPG
    mo ice fishing.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,282
  • Chey fish.JPG
    Chey fish.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,283
  • Mo fish.JPG
    Mo fish.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 1,275
Upvote 0
T

texas hunter

Way to go--keep those younguns interested in the outdoors !!
But, what is all that white stuff all over the place ?
Kidding of course---dont see much of that in south Texas--thank goodness.
HH
Lou

Jan 7, 2007
The Black Pearl
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Great Job Gypsy,

Its really nice to see kids getting out and enjoying the outdoors when most kids these days want to sit around with Ipods and video games. Nicely Done, I'll bet your proud!!! ;D

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only echo what the others have said......
I can tell you've done a good job Gypsy. I can see it in their eyes.

MMMMM fresh fish, need some hush puppies to go with them
Dang, now I'm hungry

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go and get the gals so ice fishing in a Clam shelter. Yeah, I know what they are and love mine. My grand daughter is coming out with me next weekend I hope.

B

Big Diggin

Great pics & post. I have 2 boys ages 11 & 12. Children are the true treasures of the world.

BTW- a Mom that Ice fishes with her daughters is quite a treasure herself.

Happy Huntin & Fishin.

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
That looks a blast, and great to see enthusiastic kids! My son just got his first tooth a couple days ago, so no fishing for us quite yet.

I've never been ice fishing, but it's always looked like fun. Our ice doesn't get quite so thick out west...

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy, Chey & Mo, looks like y'all had a very enjoyable time. Me? I would had sat next to the butane heater and froze. :o Fried fish, hush puppies...mmm!!! good eating. ;D

;) RR

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
WOW that really looks like a bunch of fun,used to go all the time with my dad when I was a kid. We dont get enough ice around here anymore,never had shelters just sleds with Coleman laterns. If you got too cold you could slap on the ice skates and do a couple of laps,warm ya up in a hurry. Remember we used to catch way more fish in the winter than in the summer,they arent quite as picky when it gets cold out. Thanks for sharing your pics...Shoot

D

dugupfinds

Glad I don't have to cut holes to fish, but if I did, I would. If you know what I mean. Sound like a good day out.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Girlz,fishy,fishy in da ice -hole. 8) 8) 8)

t.p

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Nice pics Gypsy! Great to see you gals getting out.....even if it wasn't dirt hunting!

I'll bring the coleslaw!! ;D

HH,
Moon

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good day, I bet I know whats for dinner. Tsgman

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Nothing like a nice mess of bluegill layed out on the ice....BTW where are those gloves?? made my hands cold just looking at them. Kids...never get cold do they!!

Dave

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
Nice 'finds'!!!! Makes me wanna wet a line! Just the only ice here is in drinks-and that only last a few minutes if your lucky!!!

Good stuff,
Have fun,
Salvager

geomorph

Dec 30, 2006
Orem, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
It looks like you had a great adventure! It reminds me of my own family adventures with my four daughters. They are troopers too!
Tight Lines,
Tyler

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
I'm hungry just looking at your post Gypsy. Great catch girls, putting food on the table. You see this guys, never under estimate the skills of a female.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread