detector getting started

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Two years ago we got a 1236 X2 for my Uncle. It is a superior machine for the money ($200) I had not used one before but trained him to use it and can attest to it's depth and disc abilities. when I finally get tired of my old 1235X I plan on replacing it with a 1236 X2 for the quick playground hunts I frequently do. Unless you can tell me where htere is one available for $200. The machine would pay for itself in about four weeks in my town. I also own a CZ-7 (the old batt killer version, hence the handle Lowbatts) and a CZ-20, both of which payed for themselves quickly.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Well that is an excellent price. I just checked e-bay, and saw several nice machines including another 1236 X2 with a current bid of $10. I will begin negotiations tonight with the Kitchen Funding Committee on whether or not I can proceed to bid! Let us know what you got and how it turns out.

I have been very hesitant to even look at on-line purchases in the past due to my background, which includes on-line fraud investigations but if the price is right, it's right!

I also noted a couple CZ-6 models on e-bay. I had a CZ-5 and loved using it but had it stolen some time ago. I was wondering if anyone with CZ-6 experience can note any operational or functional shortcomings outside of the lack of a speaker exist with that model. Anyone?

OP
OP
P

poncho

well i won a classic 2 on ebay ,it wasn't no.1 on my list but it was on the list .I think it will be just fine to start with but i havent recieved it yet so obviously i havent used it and still i keep looking on ebay to upgrade WHAT KIND OF SICKNESS IS THIS? ANY WAY i'll let y'all know about my first find

scotty

Oct 12, 2003
central missouri
Hey Poncho,
This is Scotty, look at my comments on this forum under the heading "best of the best". I started with a Classic II and My wife is still using it and makes as many and as good of finds as I do, and I use a higher costing detector. The Classic II is a darn good machine, and pinpoints very well. and batteries last a good 70 hours of hunting. Not many can say that about their machines. HH. Scotty

Attachments

• BOMB Set.jpg
    BOMB Set.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
P

poncho

hey scotty i saw your post after the fact but was still glad to see it .I am going to get the wife a detector also so maybe i will upgrade or just go for another classic 2 THANKS SEE YA

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Hey Poncho, the Classic II is a great machine from what I've seen of it in the field, let us know how it works out for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions