Detector going wild

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
If you work in construction or logging or any other job wearing steel toed boots, don't wear them detecting. I laughed til my gut hurt one day because my friend was wearing steel toe boots. After an hour of laughing, I told him to take his boots off to detect because that's why his detector was going wild. You should see all the empty holes he dug.

He was so mad that I waited an hour to tell him this that I almost lost a friend over it. It took him a month to get back to talking to me. He NOW finds as much as I do detecting. You find what you detect.

OP
OP
S

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Detector(s) used
My friend is doing well as a detector now. He is finding a lot of clad and some silver. He even found a couple of rings(one gold with a lot of stone and one class ring).

He didn't stay mad for long.

leatherneck

Apr 20, 2009
St. Petersburg, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug DP
That's really funny. I don't know how you held back for an hour. I did a similar thing on one of my hunts. I left my wedding ring on and it took a while before I realized it. I was looking for gold in eastern Oregon and I would take a handful of dirt and run it under the coil with my left hand. As long as I had the dirt in my left hand I had gold in every handful. :laughing7: I just moved from Renton, Washington to Treasure Island, Florida. Where are you?

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a joker you are.....Matt

OP
OP
S

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Detector(s) used
mlayers said:
What a joker you are.....Matt
I love a good laugh... sometimes at other peoples expense, but I was also pulling a pratical joke and waited to long for the educational process in me to kick in.

I'm out of the dog house with him. Now he asks for some ground rules when he is with me to avoid another day like that one. ;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions