detector has to go to shop

fisher2

Mar 20, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
discovered that the battery terminals where rusted on the 1280 and the box wasnt water proof past like to inches due to damage that the seller didnt tell me about and the wires where ducttaped n so i have to send it into the shop looks lke all get ths year is the little bit of gold i got and a tiny bit of silver

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that.........At least it can be fixed and that is better than a stick in the eye.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
You should have it back in about 3 weeks-b thankful it isn't an excal :help:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Fisher...sorry to hear about the machine...might want to do the waterproof thing on her..better then another repair

Attachments

• maxs WP box.jpg
    maxs WP box.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 324
  • Maxs birth  of frankexplorer.jpg
    Maxs birth of frankexplorer.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 324
OP
OP
fisher2

fisher2

Mar 20, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the problem was the guy "fixed" the detector by puttting in a new batt box connecting two wires with ducttape and failed to tell me that the detector had gotton filled with saltwater at one time and the wires on the terminals where"fixed" on there by spinning the wire around the post not by solder

Bobbie

Nov 7, 2005
Connecticut and SW Florida
Detector(s) used
2 Minelab Excal 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you didn't spend much on the detector, I've heard that Fisher's repair prices are quite high. When it comes to electronics, it is best to buy new or from a trusted friend.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its a gamble whenever you buy used. Treasure_Hunter has done pretty well with used models, but I'm a little nervious about it myself.

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good luck with Fisher Service!!!!!

It didn't work out so well for me.

Steve :-)

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fisher2 said:
the problem was the guy "fixed" the detector by puttting in a new batt box connecting two wires with ducttape and failed to tell me that the detector had gotton filled with saltwater at one time and the wires on the terminals where"fixed" on there by spinning the wire around the post not by solder
make sure you call felix or mike scott and explain your situation!! you will have to talk to felix anyway to get a return#
fisher has been great for me everytime i need repairs!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one excal off of EBay, it worked perfectly, the rest of the used detectors were bought off the web boards. I only buy from respected members of the boards and I have never been disappointed.

Nothing against new members or implied at all, but I feel safer buying from a long standing member who has a good reputation Vs someone who is new to the boards.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread