Tesoro Cibola
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jbr13 said:
I am new to metal detecting, and know the have hunts in different parts of the country all the time. I was wondering how you find out when and where these hunts are. I would like to go watch one or maybe participate some time. Anyone know of a website or something?

Jason

I have attended 4 seeded hunts, each having 7 hunts over a 3 day period and they are a blast. If you decide you want to be a part of one you will have a great time. There are several different styles of hunts, If the hunts are in a confined area of less then an acre with hundred or more attending you will want to use a detector that has a frequency shifter, to avoid the interference of other machines near you....

I highly recommend the Fisher 1235x...The Tesoro Conquistador also has a freq shifter, but only has 3 frequencies, the one on the Fisher 1235x has multiple frequencies on a knob that is easy to adjust while sweeping.....While they are a little hard to find you can pick up a 1235X for a very good price.......

I have the Fisher 1235X that I use strictly for seeded hunts, it has paid for itself several times over and then some. I paid $200 for it, and in just the last seeded hunt alone that I attended, I walked away with over $550+ in prize money...Since getting the Fisher 1235x I have won over a $1000+ in prize money on seeded hunts over the last 4 years.....

Good luck, and welcome to TreasureNet....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread