detector in portland michigan

the bone

Jul 8, 2012
michigan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out detecting the other day and was disappointed to find piles of metal trash and bottles stacked at intervals along the stretch of river i was detecting i know someone was there before me and would appreciate it if they took care of their trash once the river rises everything you found will be washed back into the river not to mention all the glass shards along the river bank right by a tot lot Portland is a small town and it wont take long for the authorities to start coming down on mder's if this continues so please sir or miss take care of your trash! Help preserve the hobby! if you are new or young and need some guidance please let me know i will be glad to show you the ropes but not taking care of or reburying trash is a cardinal sin. Yes i have also cound the objects you reburied at the flats! this is not meant to be an attack or anything i just dont want people to start coming down on us for mding in town.

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I too have come across this on occassion. My first reaction is "boy, how lazy and disrespcectful" and then begin thinking about our hobby and how this lack of resposibility endangers our rights which right now is on the downturn in respect to the non-MD. I carry a pouch with a large carparment and a smaller compartment. Of course the large is for trash, can slaw, tabs and the like; small for the keepers (wish it was the other way around). Think of it this way, the more trash you pull out the easier it will be to detect the next time around (less trash targets) and then maybe you can find the hidden coin masked by a soda or beer can. Not trying to preach here but simply saying that all us of us, not just MD, should clean up after ourselves. Thanks everyone and thanks to "the bone" for bringing up a problem that directly affects our rights as a responsible hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread