Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm really trying hard not to laugh. This question has too many overtones ;D

B

bshunter

WELL I AM NOT TO SURE HOW LONG MINE IS BUT IT VACUMS UP COINS PRETTY WELL!!! I JUST CAN NOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME FIGURE OUT HOW TO CHANGE THE BAG ON THIS JOKER ???

GOD BLESS,
BSHUNTER ;)

A

ashton9

Just make sure you rod is the right length to keep your spine straight when you swing your rod back and forth.? ;D

OP
OP
D

dunsky1476

Jul 26, 2004
yeah, go ahead and laugh it up. I am trying hard not to laugh at how you make no sense. just try to figure it out. i hope you can. ;D

elkboy

Jan 29, 2004
Muncie, IND
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Spectrum
It's not the length of the rod but the motion that makes the differance. HH Dave

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I have several detectors and they do vary in length. I wouldn't suggest a fixed number because of other variables. Firstly, the balance of your machine in normal usage. This is affected by the size of the coil and the weight of the unit housing/battery compartment or pack. It will change when you hipmount the unit as well. And lastly what terrain are you in? This a major factor as well.

If you're on pretty much even ground, try to extend the shaft to it's maximum for your comfort while being able to maintain the coil at a level plane directly above and as close as possible to the ground you are searching. There's also the argument that a shorter shaft allows more control and is preferable for a more thourough search pattern. Again, the shafts are usually adjustable because you will not have the same swing as the next MD'er and may well be in very different terrain. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread