Detector Numbers?

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
I'm not a newbie, but I wonder about "numbers". I was watching a couple of youtube videos and they mentioned how the target was an "85" (or whatever). Do all detectors have the same scale? 85=silver, 99=gold or whatever. Or do the manufacturers have their own definitions? I've never really paid attention, if it beeped I dig. I usually use my Teknetics T2, but I'm about to go to San Diego and will be bringing my ACE 300 that I have never used since I won it about 5 years ago.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Each manufacturer uses their own system.....or maybe one "borrowed" from a competitor. Most of similar ranges will have similar target numbers, I.E, a gauge of non-ferrous numbers from 0 to 95 will be similar regardless of manufacturer. It won't be exact in most cases, but, close enough to get an idea of what it is. Getting a few dozen hours in on a new machine and you'll get the hang of it pretty quick as to what is what. Oh, and if you plan on hitting our wet sand beaches with that 300, you'll probably be wasting your time. Being a single frequency machine, it will have to be tuned way down to make it stable, losing most of your depth. Dry sand or dirt and it will work fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread