Detector Pro metal detectors

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Headhunter Underwater. I disagree with Terry. It's my favorite detector. So easy to use. Only three knobs, power/vol. Disc. and Sens. Electronics are in the headphones, rechargable to 40 hrs per charge. Very loud repeatable signals, iron has a distinct click to it. I really like that it has a straight cord instead of the coiled one that most detectors have, it doesn't tangle. It works in fresh and salt water without falsing. So glad I chose the DP over the ATpro. Granted, it doesn't have an LED, so clad, silver and gold, and pop tops all sound alike, so you have to dig all of the good signals. But, in the water, I dig everything anyway. And it's also great at tot lots.

Terry, what do you not like about it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm taking my Cibola to the ocean this coming week. The hurricane should be far enough offshore to just do erosion, I hope. I was thinking of purchasing another machine, just a passing fancy I suppose, I slapped myself silly, but I always found these intriguing. There aren't enough hurricane close brushes up here to justify another machine, of any kind.

I do not go in the water, however, if there is a large "puddle" off the ocean, I thought about hitting those. No currents there. The rip tides this week will be horrid.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just sold my Headhunter PI, which hands-down beat White's, Garrett, and Tesoro. The only beach PI I had that was even close was a Beachscan MkII, and the HHPI edged it as well. The Beachscan and HHPI were both designed by Eric Foster so they are close cousins.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest: