Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your budget is $300-400 and you are having good luck with the Ace 250 I would hold on to it a while longer, I would save my money a while longer and consider a little higher upgrade if upgrade is what you really want to do... $200 more and you would have a new AT PRO..

Last edited:

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Deepest dime I got with Ace 250 that IDed correctly was 4". Deepest dime so far that IDed correctly with AT Pro was 7". It is rather unusual for a detector to be that precise at 7" on our smallest coin. Most do 3"-5" with accuracy on a dime in my soil, which is at least moderately mineralized & often dry.

You can get a used AT Pro for around $400. Just make sure it has camlocks indicating mfd or re-mfd July 2011 or later. For new MAP price is $595 but some dealers will quote lower on phone or in e-mail if you keep it a secret. The 7" deep dime is the deepest I've gotten a dime as I dig probable coins only. It was in a park detected hundreds of times and was probably missed by all for 20-30+ years. The secret to the ID accuracy at depth I believe is the use of manual ground balance. The dime never IDed outside of the 80-85 range with high tone on each pass. Best wishes, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread