Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't speak for it, but the one kellyco sells works real good. I made mine using a camelpac and a bungee cord.. Always have cold water with me and can hunt all day.....

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone have frist hand experience with this support.
It looks like that it would be a good investment if it works.
I could detect all day instead of two hours, that's when my arm and back gives out.

I have both the Proswing 45 and the Detector Pal.

Obviously the Proswing is more expensive than the Pal. But, it is more effective I feel because it shifts almost all the weight to the hips and shoulders where you don't feel it. Further, it swings from the front which is more natural.

The Pal does shift the weight to the opposite shoulder. I would say it reduces it 30-40%. It feels much different because it stretches at the back of the arm. You feel the stretch on the elastic more and it doesn't feel as natural.

For the price, the Pal does just enough to enable me to work longer and with a heavier coil. It isn't so bulky as the Proswing which is a major plus. I am able to get out and detect faster without putting on the vest/harness. The Pal is also small enough to keep on the machine all the time, so I use it more. For the price, and for just "knocking" some of the weight off the detector, I think the Pal is a pretty good investment.

OP
OP
clv

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help. I also found a unit called detector assist $16.50, and a full harness unit caller ultra swingy thingy for about $50.
Made a few mockups to get an idea of how they would fee and work. The main thing on all of them was where they were attached to the detector. None worked well when attached hear the handle (well above center of gravity). All worked well when attached at or just above or below center gravity.
For attachment points on the body the area that felt best (for me) was on the chest, either the left or right side about 6 inches down from the shoulder.
After looking at the price of the materials to buy, It would cost me about the same or more to make up my own unit, no need to reinvent the wheel. (If I already had a pack or camelpac lying around it would be different, just attach a D-ring and hook on a bungee and a clamp to the detector shaft).

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello,

I have both the Detector Buddy and Minelab Pro swing and both work great, with the Pro swing as "Pointman" states relieves almost 100% of the weight. Using these help devices, I can detect for 10+ hours without any trouble with any of my machines.

Regards,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread