Detectorpro pistol probe

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some input on the Detectorpro Pistol Probe. How does it compare with the Garrett pro pointer and White's TRX pointer? How is the battery life and general ruggedness of the pointer. Does anyone use one on a regular basis? Your thoughts?

Thank you for your input.

Regards,

I have owned them all except for this last 2 new additions to the market. The Pistol Probe was one of the worst I tried. First the door fell off and then the trigger quit working all within the first few days. It would go deep but you draw some strange looks if you are in public. Might think a little prior to that investment. The TRX out classes it by about a thousand percent and my pro pointers (3) all ended up with issues also. When working I would take a Pro Pointer over a pistol probe.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is only one Pinpointer, until February, then there will be two. Both are called Garrett. ;)
Peace ✌

OP
OP
Professor of Engineering
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you both for the input!

As stated (or should have) in the original post I own the ProPointer and TRX, but watched a You Tube video posted by "Dirtfishing" and he used the pistol pointer. I was curious about the product.

I will add the NEW Garrett pro pointer to my arsenal next month.

Thanks again,

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
I received one in a package deal when I purchased my Minelab detector. DetectorPro is a good company and actually looked forward to getting the Pistol Probe and thought it was going to be a powerful and sensitive pinpointer. As soon as I opened the box, I realized it was constructed of cheap feeling hard plastic. I thought well as long as it works good and lasts a while, I'll overcome the plastic casing. Unfortunately, as soon as I placed the battery in it, it started to get very hot in my hand and smelled like burning wire. It never powered on and I never got to use it even for a second. :laughing9: I contacted the dealer I purchased the bundle from and he was excellent about it. He asked me if I wanted another one shipped to me, and I told him I wanted the Garrett ProPointer instead and that I was now gun shy to reconsider the Pistol Probe and so he sent me the Garrett. Have not had any problems with it many digs later. Have been very happy. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread