Deteknix Quest Pro Unboxing Overview

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[www.youtube.com] posted elsewhere (edited) and was not excepted over there as being impressive.

Post Edited. Please do not mention Other forums,
Especially forums that support other Brands.
This is the Deteknix Products forum
Thanks for your Cooperation

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good video, MDG. Most manufacturers have first generation growing pains. Being addressed quickly and corrected is the sign of a good company. Critiquing is what a company seeks to improve their product. And some people prejudge a company or product when it isn't perfect. Perfection is a goal, not a product.

Good moderation Jeff. Keep TNet's forum, TNet's forum.

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good video, MDG. Most manufacturers have first generation growing pains. Being addressed quickly and corrected is the sign of a good company. Critiquing is what a company seeks to improve their product. And some people prejudge a company or product when it isn't perfect. Perfection is a goal, not a product.

Good moderation Jeff. Keep TNet's forum, TNet's forum.

You might have got away with that 20 or 30 years ago but in todays market quality control is crucial when your competeing against seasoned companies and products, especially with a niche community. Of course people judge by a product but that doesnt necessarily make or break a company its how they interact with current and future customers. Whether or not the issue(s) have been addressed will soon come to light there will be no hiding it with more reviews. Hopefully they get their act together and square up with the members here who are waiting for their prizes, we haven't heard nothing from them, that too me says alot about a company.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might have got away with that 20 or 30 years ago but in todays market quality control is crucial when your competeing against seasoned companies and products, especially with a niche community. Of course people judge by a product but that doesnt necessarily make or break a company its how they interact with current and future customers. Whether or not the issue(s) have been addressed will soon come to light there will be no hiding it with more reviews. Hopefully they get their act together and square up with the members here who are waiting for their prizes, we haven't heard nothing from them, that too me says alot about a company.

IDK if I agree with that first bit QMaze. Many cheaper and less effective products have forced many established and "better" products off the market entirely. The automotive and electronics industry are both examples that are filled with high selling under-performing products. Been happening in both industries for 30+ years and continues to this day.

New companies will always have growing pains....in my opinion those are more forgivable than when an established company has an issue and then simply shrugs it off because they feel they should have a pass.

I do agree with you that only time will tell if they can fix the issues and grow because of it. Social media and instant reviews will be hard to hide behind. The bubble in the screen would absolutely warrant a return from me...the poorly written manual would not bother me at all. Hopefully they can fix both soon however.

The contest...well....I won't defend that. They screwed up plain and simple there.

The way I see it...if they can fix the bubble and it proves to be competitive to similarly priced products...it will sell. Many buyers will never know of the contest here and will only care about Amazon reviews and Ebay prices.

While I feel for the contest guys and really wish they all had new detectors, I am moving on from it as a consumer and looking at the bigger picture. Does the Detector work and is it worth my $? Right now I am at a "probably not" stage but will await future reviews and videos to make my call.

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IDK if I agree with that first bit QMaze. Many cheaper and less effective products have forced many established and "better" products off the market entirely. The automotive and electronics industry are both examples that are filled with high selling under-performing products. Been happening in both industries for 30+ years and continues to this day.

New companies will always have growing pains....in my opinion those are more forgivable than when an established company has an issue and then simply shrugs it off because they feel they should have a pass.

My point is companies that cater to a smaller community, its not like its hockey gear, they need to be on top of their game out of the gate. My personal opinion with Deteknix is they have a product being pushed to market with no real marketing expertise, and understably for a start up company, however it's critical a launch be well planned for the intended market.

Don't get me wrong , i really like the look of product, onething i think they got massively right from the video is the packaging and all the included goodies. The manual looks beautifully designed so fixing errors will be simple. The term "good company" has yet to be earned, but i'm glad this video was shown as is, no bs, no covering up because that will help Deteknix with working out bugs. In the end the community will decide where these new detectors will sit on the heap. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

JBM

Nov 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear that the first customer units with teething problems sorted are ICOD to the UK.

We will then see what they are like out in the fields with the wide variation of possible finds just waiting to unearthed

Whatever happens it will be fun and keep some folks out of mischief. :occasion14: Jerry.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Deteknix Quest just looks like a typical offering to me. Nothing new. The Chinese detectors are priced competitively (low) for what you get, yet their QC is usually never as good as American made products. If you have to send it back to China, that can be costly and wait intensive. If a distributor in the US handles problems, all the better. It seems to be a good product for the price, but only time will tell. There are hoards of 20+ year old detectors still booking along from American manufacturers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions