Deteknix Xpointer not PI, not Waterproof?

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see the Deteknix XPointer being advertised as a pulse induction pinpointer and as being waterproof. I have been able to find nothing on the manufacturer website stating it is a PI, only that it operates at 95 kHz which would be a sensible induction balance frequency. It is also being advertised as waterproof. The brochure however indicates that the probe tip "the probe" is waterproof but that the speaker must be covered and so is not waterproof. That is pretty much like selling me a metal detector as being waterproof because the coil is submersible when the control box is not.

I am not accusing anyone of anything, just seeking clarification. There may have been a misunderstanding? Ot maybe I am just reading things wrong? Help me out here. But please do not point out the ads in question as "proof". It actually looks like a really good pinpointer for the money but I think it needs to be clear what people are purchasing.

Attachments

• deteknix-xpointer-brochure-page-1.jpg
    deteknix-xpointer-brochure-page-1.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 302
  • deteknix-xpointer-brochure-page-2.jpg
    deteknix-xpointer-brochure-page-2.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 244
Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that they will be pricing these competitively if their other pinpointer is an indication. Second, the other guys only offer 10 feet of depth. With this at 120 feet you know it will still be just fine if you go 11 feet in your creek. Looks like the whole wand flashes when you get near a target, nice feature. Competition is good!
The Vibraprobe 580 is a PI unit, waterproof to 100 feet, and priced at $130.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm going to guess close to if not over $200 :(

I say that because They are taking orders & not shipping till spring.
So in effect they are getting Blank Checks.

I know there is probably an Opt-Out, but most people who throw these pre-orders out
bite the bullet anyway :(

not smart to tell a company "I'll buy no matter what you want" :BangHead:
if they get 2000 pre-orders they may just expect to retire after shipment :(

buying before they get used for a year is also risking, buying the Bugs,
that don't get fixed till the 2nd. generation go on-sale.

but then again, with the exception of maybe reaching in a lake or creek from the edge, the only 120 feet in the wet I will be, is 120 Feet from my Car during a cloud burst :laughing7:
Well i will not pre order or order the first one's out .. I learned my lesson on the Garrett AT Pro detector i got burned twice on that thing..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i will not pre order or order the first one's out .. I learned my lesson on the Garrett AT Pro detector i got burned twice on that thing..

yea I hear they are good Machines, But I seem to remember allot of complaints with the first ones

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve,

I was told its Pulse Induction, but am not sure if I ever saw it in writing. :icon_scratch:

In any event, it works like I would expect a PI pinpointer to work.... In the hot Virginia soils it works like its PI because it doesnt seem to be effected by the mineralization.

As to its waterproof abilities or lack of it, I can say this.... Last fall in the stream I put it to the test. I just held my thumb over the speaker hole.... Five minutes later the tip stopped working.

They say don't submerge it. They mean it with this one! 8-)

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
yea I hear they are good Machines, But I seem to remember allot of complaints with the first ones
I will be honest with you i really got a 3rd one the AT Pro…AND it was not right either. I had to give up on the AT Pro's ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread