Aug 31, 2017
N.W. Oregon
Detector(s) used
GPX, SD2200d
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy Holidays everyone,
I posted this on another forum and here.
My MI 6 is paired and programmed to the RC. I listen to the pinpointer through the WS6 headphones.
Whenever and only after I add a new program, the pinpointer still remains paired BUT, you canā€™t hear it through the headphones anymore and the pinpointing screen on the remote doesnā€™t come up when you want to pinpoint something in the holeā€¦ā€¦
Only after unpairing and then re-pairing the pinpointer to the RC does it work again on all the programs including any new added program. If you delete a program and create a new one, you have to repeat the same thing all over again and re-pair.
Any ideas ?
I havenā€™t encountered this using the Deus 1 Iā€™ve been swinging the last 7+ years
Additionally, after getting the D2 and pinpointer re-paired to each other and functioning normally, it will connect most of the time.
There are however times I canā€˜t get it to connect to the remote after trying 2 or 3 times and then it will finally connect.
Thoughts, opinions and commentā€™s always welcome.
Best,
Bob

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy Holidays everyone,
I posted this on another forum and here.
My MI 6 is paired and programmed to the RC. I listen to the pinpointer through the WS6 headphones.
Whenever and only after I add a new program, the pinpointer still remains paired BUT, you canā€™t hear it through the headphones anymore and the pinpointing screen on the remote doesnā€™t come up when you want to pinpoint something in the holeā€¦ā€¦
Only after unpairing and then re-pairing the pinpointer to the RC does it work again on all the programs including any new added program. If you delete a program and create a new one, you have to repeat the same thing all over again and re-pair.
Any ideas ?
I havenā€™t encountered this using the Deus 1 Iā€™ve been swinging the last 7+ years
Additionally, after getting the D2 and pinpointer re-paired to each other and functioning normally, it will connect most of the time.
There are however times I canā€˜t get it to connect to the remote after trying 2 or 3 times and then it will finally connect.
Thoughts, opinions and commentā€™s always welcome.
Best,
Bob
Hi Bob,

I'm just learning the Dēus II myself. I have not (yet) experienced what you describe.
  • Which update are you running, and are the RC & WS6 running the same update (see below)?
  • Is either the MI-6 or the RC/WS6 set to a program that doesn't produce audible signals from the pointer?
Is it possible you're just getting a weak signal from the MI-6? I found a discussion about something very similar to what you describe here (among others).

My take is that it may have to do with an update or updates. :dontknow:

HTH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread