Deus attacks the Nail Factory

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent an hour in my yard today with the Deus, and I have to wonder why the previous landowner of my property was so irresponsible with keeping track of nails. Every hole I dig has a few, and we are not talking small nails, most are 3-4" and thick. Too bad they didn't feel the same way about their Morgan dollars.

Regardless, the Deus is not hindered by such things, and I continue to pull good targets out left and right. Aside from today's clad, here are two neat items that my AT Pro and E-Trac missed several times, one of which I have no clue what it is.

A toy gun, solid, really ornate, maybe 50's? It's well before my time, and the toy guns I remember all had hinges for circle caps or the revolving part lifted up to load a line of caps. This has neither of those.

IMG_0219.JPG

I have no idea what this is, but I really like how detailed it is.

IMG_0217.JPG IMG_0218.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Silver Simon

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made my way to the 1800's church I have exclusive access to. I've been all over it with my E-Trac so I wasn't expecting much. However I was able to sniff some old pennies out with my Deus, 3 wheats and my third IHP, 1888 I think, easily the worst condition of my trio. All of them had iron in the vicinity. I'm feeling like I am really getting the hang of this powerhouse.

IMG_5613.JPG

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I've got a site similar to yours that I hammered pretty hard with my E-Trac...mineralized soil, lots of junk (it was a dump before it was a school before it was an unofficial dump before it was a park), but the corner in question hadn't been graded like the rest. I'm looking forward to going over it with the Deus. I'm very interested in seeing what was hiding under all the nulling, falsing, and EMI warbling, if indeed anything was. That corner (affectionately nicknamed Dogrocket Acres on account of the environmental hazards deposited by the local semi-feral canines) was actually where I pulled my first wheatie. There has to be at least one more, right?

What a pleasant machine to use in places like this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread