Deus Decisions

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm finally succumbing to the call of the XP Deus. My biggest hangup right now is deciding which coil, or if I really need both the 9" and 11" coils. Will be primarily hunting urban sites, parks, yards, etc., with occasional field trips to pasture, plowed fields, for early relics. You would think that after 44 years my decision would be easy, but not having used a Deus, I have no idea which coil/coils to choose. I do have a Deeptech Vista Gold that I would probably use for most of my relic hunting, or might let it go if the Deus could fill in.

I have read so many posts, and watched so many videos, that I've confused myself on what to get. Of course, at my age, getting confused is a daily occurrence.

Any input is appreciated...

s1222l

Apr 28, 2016
Central Mass
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" & 11" / Teknetics T2 Classic / Tesoro Vaquero / DetectorPro Pirate Pro
Garrett Propointer AT / Deteknix XPointer / Vance Muffs / Deteknix HD Muffs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought the 11" 1st and loved it. Then I got the 9" and it has become my primary coil. I'm not so sure there's much of a loss from the 9 to 11 only that you're able to cover more ground quickly. I don't think you'll be disappointed with either.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
One thing you may want to keep in mind...the version 4.0 coil coming out is reportedly to be 4.7" x 9.5" That being the case, you may want the 11" for now and supplement it with the new smaller coil later.

I have the 11" and it's a winner in my book....of course I'm sure the 9" is also in the winner's circle! Let's face it, the XP Deus is an all around winner!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a tough one if im hunting in trash the 9 if im hunting in the open the 11 if I had to chose one the 11 would be it .you can buy a extra coil for 350.00 if you know where to get it. I found a machine and coil 1245.00 ws5 and 350.00 for the extra coil.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say 90% of my buyers this year have been getting the 11" coil. I personally use the 9", and find that I don't need to use the pinpoint feature.the separation in iron is outstanding!

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Last edited:

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One thing you may want to keep in mind...the version 4.0 coil coming out is reportedly to be 4.7" x 9.5" That being the case, you may want the 11" for now and supplement it with the new smaller coil later.

I have the 11" and it's a winner in my book....of course I'm sure the 9" is also in the winner's circle! Let's face it, the XP Deus is an all around winner!

I hope they do come out with a smaller coil. The 11" for depth and open areas and the new one for the trashy areas. Gonna hold off on buying a 9" and wait and see

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thats a tough one if im hunting in trash the 9 if im hunting in the open the 11 if I had to chose one the 11 would be it .you can buy a extra coil for 350.00 if you know where to get it. I found a machine and coil 1245.00 ws5 and 350.00 for the extra coil.

Please let us know where Deus coils can be had for $350:dontknow:

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would buy the unit with the 11" coil as the 9" is a little cheaper if you want it later . JMHO

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pm me and I will tell you that was a quote with a new machine . did get a quote for 400.00 or 425.00 without machine.

GrandBlancDig

Mar 26, 2015
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - 11" coil ~ TRX bullseye ~ Predatortools Intrepid ~ Predatortools Raptor ~ Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My main honey hole is heavily iron infested and is full of aluminum siding, and the 11" coil is amazing in that area. The depth is great and I couldn't see going down to the 9". A new sharp shooter coil would be a welcomed addition, but I would go with the newer technology of the 11".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread