Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watched that video yesterday morning. Man, the V2 tone sucks compared to 3.2 and 4. Informative video, btw. It's videos such as these which help all Deus users master their machines. And for that, I thank ya. Keep on pumping them out.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If they want to give the user the option, then let "silencer filter version" be a settable parameter for each program. This way, simply giving us three base programs that use the different versions (and not even documenting that fact in the manual!) is really very wrong.

Thanks for the video, CB. I watched your earlier one on this last night and will check this one out later. Right now, I need to get out before it heats up ouside.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have not upgraded mine, but since Andy S. put in three additional programs, why bother? It sucks stuff right out of the ground as it is.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a elliptical coming so version 4 is a must. Laidback this was a different video (on deep coins) but I can tell you what happened in iron BIG difference on deep coins small difference in audio between the three.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a elliptical coming so version 4 is a must. Laidback this was a different video (on deep coins) but I can tell you what happened in iron BIG difference on deep coins small difference in audio between the three.
Ahhh, ok. Wrong video then. Gonna check it out right now, in that case. Looks like you ARE pumping them out. Lol.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trying to get back in the game and get sharp been bass fishing to much this year lol

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trying to get back in the game and get sharp been bass fishing to much this year lol
No such thing as too much bass fishing. Lol. Should come up here to NH and check out ice fishing. Or as I like to call it, "getting drunk in a bobhouse on a frozen lake with your buddies."

This old southern boy almost fell out the first time I ever saw a vehicle drive out on the ice.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another great video CD! Thanks!
This does clear up the questions on 2 vs 3.2 vs 4 filters for me.
Will keep V4 and the setups I currently have. I guess because I basically started out in V4, 1/2 hr hunt in 3.2 before upgrading, I don't have to wonder if my old V2 or V3.2 setups were better and am I missing things?
That squawk from V2 is def something I don't want to be listening to.

minnieme06

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just want to thank you on your video hints and suggestions. Today went out with setup for deep from all three versions 2.0 , 3.2 and 4.0. I found 3 seated dimes 4 warn out IHP's gold filled ring and sterling button.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just want to thank you on your video hints and suggestions. Today went out with setup for deep from all three versions 2.0 , 3.2 and 4.0. I found 3 seated dimes 4 warn out IHP's gold filled ring and sterling button.

So which of the three versions worked best?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me version 4 likes to false on deep iron more than 3.2. I don't know if you guys remember but that's why I went back to 3.2 version when it first came out . I didn't know about the filters then. I will do some testing on suspect targets but yesterday I got a square nail in ver 4 filter that I had no doubt about was a good target but to my suprize. This will need to be tested more to be proved or disproved , you guys do me a favor and keep a eye out for it and let me know what you find.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me version 4 likes to false on deep iron more than 3.2. I don't know if you guys remember but that's why I went back to 3.2 version when it first came out . I didn't know about the filters then. I will do some testing on suspect targets but yesterday I got a square nail in ver 4 filter that I had no doubt about was a good target but to my suprize. This will need to be tested more to be proved or disproved , you guys do me a favor and keep a eye out for it and let me know what you find.
The HF coil falses are pretty bad as well...ive dug a lot of flat rusty washers in my yard...kinda knew it though as I've been over my yard 100's of times...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will be interesting to see how hf coils work with different filters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions