Deus on the way-what $100 worth of accessories would you recommend?

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ordered the WS4 with 11 inch coil package. There is a promo from the factory for $100 of accessories. I am planning on the WS4 headphone adaptor at $22. I can't decide between the two cases, silicone $19, the arm band style $22. I don't see the hip mount listed. I would like suggestions on the cases, pro/con and any other items you think would be good to have with this cool offer. Do you really need an extra charger and USBx3 cable as a backup? I don't think they come with a coil cover $27, so that would probably be a good choice. I may have to throw in a few bucks if I go over the $100 offer, but not a big deal. I'm just trying to figure out the priorities for the optional stuff. Thanks.

http://xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com...s/2014/01/XP-Spring-2014-Promo-Claim-Form.pdf

Apr 13, 2012
Maryville, Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered the WS4 with 11 inch coil package. There is a promo from the factory for $100 of accessories. I am planning on the WS4 headphone adaptor at $22. I can't decide between the two cases, silicone $19, the arm band style $22. I don't see the hip mount listed. I would like suggestions on the cases, pro/con and any other items you think would be good to have with this cool offer. Do you really need an extra charger and USBx3 cable as a backup? I don't think they come with a coil cover $27, so that would probably be a good choice. I may have to throw in a few bucks if I go over the $100 offer, but not a big deal. I'm just trying to figure out the priorities for the optional stuff. Thanks.

http://xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com...s/2014/01/XP-Spring-2014-Promo-Claim-Form.pdf

Yes they come with a coil cover and also with the leather hip mount case. A lot of people go with the Emergency Charger (which can come in very handy if your out detecting and your battery goes down) because if you dont have the Emergency Charger its time to go home if your battery goes down! Also like you said the headphone adapter is a good choice too if you have a favorite pair of wired headphones. I would personally go with the arm band over the Silicone case. The Silicone case can make the screen hard to see in my opinion.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
The Accessories I selected were an extra back phone frame $19(just in case), extra coil charging clip $22, headphone adapter $22, car charger $22 and an emergency charger $22. Cost me $7.00

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto with HuntingDog except chargers which I already had.
If you break the post on your charging clip, you will be out of commission until a new one arrives.
A broken post occurs often as people adjust the clip to get the coil to charge.
The coil battery dies twice as fast as the battery in the headset and remote. If you have two coils, you can charge both at the same time.

OP
OP
TabWhisperer

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good stuff. I didn't realize it came with the coil cover. So far I have the coil charge clip, car charger and WS4 headphone adaptor. I think I will be using my own phones so I'm not too worried about an extra back phone headband. It looks like the wall charger is a standard 1000ma 5v unit. Nothing special there. The emergency recharger powered by battery might be nice to keep in the equipment bag. Thanks for your input.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread