Deus says...Gweak Gweak Gweak

CharlesUpstateNY

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Deus is starting to speak to me...

1. So in the field on my first few hunts I noticed a very odd target sound...gweak, gweak, gweak and I was like what the hell ??? It was that oddball. I didn't dig them, as in plural, figured it was some kind of trash or whatever but was concentrating just on solid repeatable signals trying to learn the machine. Then in the latest round of air testing yesterday again gweak, gweak, gweak...air test target was silver quarter, on edge, turned sideways to the coil. I'm guessing that weird sound is the coil riding up and down the sideways edge of the coin as its swept.

2. Also purchased and tested a set of small gold earrings at 54 kHz. Earring post pointed forward along its length with the butterfly back still attached one tone and one ID number. Turn the earring sideways and dang if the Deus isn't varying as you sweep over the odd shape. So you have the earring post e.g. a thin piece of gold wire, at one end is the small gold butterfly earring back, at the other end the gold setting for the semi precision stone, the whole thing is maybe .4 inches wide yet the Deus is varying the tones as you sweep across it providing target SHAPE information. Pretty impressed with that.

Anyone just a couple of observations.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OMG... I hope you didn't pass up an ancient Gweek coin!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a new machine, you should dig everything for a while until you start talking the same language and can ignore "obvious" junk. You don't really know that target was junk until you dig it to see.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep targets have a very distinct sound you will get in tune with it.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The Deus gives you so much info on the target. Best detector I've ever used.
I think the Equinox is going to have a hard time knocking it down.

OP
OP
C

CharlesUpstateNY

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep targets have a very distinct sound you will get in tune with it.

I reached the deeper copper coin layer today, the more shallow stuff is already beginning to become my threshold. No gweaks today, Iron Buzz that was just WRONG I like it lmao!

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
So much information available on the target with the Deus. The tones being adjustable, then the programming allowing you to listen to the target in different modes and Khz's plus switching to the X Y screen for a visual Q on the target. I like it a lot and still learning a lot about it.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
On a new machine, you should dig everything for a while until you start talking the same language and can ignore "obvious" junk. You don't really know that target was junk until you dig it to see.

The Best discriminator is your DIGGER!!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still learning mine. I normally set it on "idiot" mode. It likes gold. Also likes colonial. And other junk jewelry and every clad coin in the universe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread