Devil Iron gave me my first Rev War but Jesus broke my old silver!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ironhorse and I got an invite to spend the day on a couple of The Patriot's best fields/sites, and it didn't take long to realize two things, which were they had great potential but you were going to have to work for it. I under-estimated how hard they would have been hit, but seriously who would leave much at their best sites!

The first site was a big area and loaded with iron, and I was happy with digging as many targets as I did and eventually was rewarded with a fairly decent Royal Provincials button. :headbang: This is my first of the year as unfortunately after 20 years of picking on all my best areas and sites it's getting tougher to dig em. The 1765 Dutch Duit came a little late and was a nice surprise as I didn't expect to find a coin being it was mostly an iffy-signal digging kinda day!

The 2nd place we went was a set of fields, ones that would make any digger's mouth water. My first problem was figuring out where to go and I burned through half of my time there just getting dialed in to a couple of spots. It was every bit as slim as the previous site, but I did manage to dig an early silver coin - a French billon (low grade silver) 30 Deniers (Musketeer) Circa. 1709-1713. It looked blank in the field, and being my only other two early silver for the year were also blank, it just seemed like that's how it's gonna go for me in 2019! :sadsanta: My last find before the sun started to come down was the little Jesus. He was last seen going into my pouch with the rest of my finds and must be responsible for my silver that came out in pieces... one of which is missing and I believe he likely ate that one. Just for the record I did forgive him for such a foolish act of destroying a great old coin that was left unprotected in my pouch to rattle around and probably get wedged and snapped, but everyone can make a dumb mistake thinking it was blank! :tard: And no I didn't break his left hand in retaliation, he was dug that way. :) Thanks to the Patriot for offering up such great areas to swing the coil for the day!

Attachments

• thumbnail_20191030_115246.jpg
    thumbnail_20191030_115246.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 81
  • thumbnail_20191030_115511.jpg
    thumbnail_20191030_115511.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 66
  • thumbnail_20191030_115806.jpg
    thumbnail_20191030_115806.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 68
  • thumbnail_20191030_075307.jpg
    thumbnail_20191030_075307.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 24

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
Great Hunt! Always enjoy the “hunted out” sites. May take a little time but they always spit up something nice. Congrats!

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We both knew these sites had been picked over hard but being a seasoned detectorist with your Deus..you did well...Still hard to believe that we dug those 3 Rev War buttons within the first 20 of being there...Hopefully a deep plough is due in the Spring..
As for the second site...yes, hit hard but you cant attest to how huge this site really is and could not get it all..

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great job of squeaking out the good stuff. hard earned finds

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Great story, great hunt.Congratulations

Donnie B from VA

Apr 2, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II / XP Deus I
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great hunt and an equally great read!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WoW! Congratulations!:occasion14:

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I have to agree that the sites were among some of the earliest around and anything great could have showed up, great buttons, coins and relics but they will continue to wait for me to find them lol
Nice to get away and check what the other guys are finding is always a treat, nice to see you catch a rev war button , its getting down to close to the end of the season and we were getting worried lol

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree that the sites were among some of the earliest around and anything great could have showed up, great buttons, coins and relics but they will continue to wait for me to find them lol
Nice to get away and check what the other guys are finding is always a treat, nice to see you catch a rev war button , its getting down to close to the end of the season and we were getting worried lol

Yep, got one now so time to move back to something crazy stupid that I never seen coming! :laughing7:

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job guys!! I love “hunted out” sites, it allows you to take your time and use all your skills.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love those early 1700 coins.
Great hunt