DFX/MX sport

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't think so if you know your DFX real good and not just using the stock program settings, I sure wouldn't take one over my MXT. That is if you know your MXT real good as the depth great and once you learn the sound difference between the trash and the good stuff you can dig by sound mostly. The real deep stuff doesn't always give the same VDI as the 9" or less targets especially if the coin might be sitting on edge, this can be for any detector. HH

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What coils do you have for your DFX, there are better coils than the big 300mm coil if your not going to dig everything. HH

OP
OP
donj

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wingmaster, i have the D2 also. what coils would you recommend?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the D2 90% of the time on my MXT, do you run custom programs or stock? I hear people saying it's not as good on the DFX as the MXT. You might ask if anybody is using the detech coils on their DFX, I only have the 13" DD one and it's great but a little big if your not detecting open places. I would use a coil that gives good depth, the small coils separate good but you won't get near the depth and I don't want to think I passed up some good deep stuff. HH

OP
OP
donj

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the D2 90% of the time on my MXT, do you run custom programs or stock? I hear people saying it's not as good on the DFX as the MXT. You might ask if anybody is using the detech coils on their DFX, I only have the 13" DD one and it's great but a little big if your not detecting open places. I would use a coil that gives good depth, the small coils separate good but you won't get near the depth and I don't want to think I passed up some good deep stuff. HH
sometimes i run custom, I program my own but sometime i mod. an existing one.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In some ways, yes the MX Sport would be. It is deeper and faster and more sensitive to small gold and micro jewelry. Now, this also depends on your soil. The MX Sport thrives in mild to moderate inland conditions and fresh water. It actually handles bad ground pretty impressively too. The DFX is a dual frequency machine borrowing from Minelab's BBS platform. But it's not a very deep or fast machine. It does lock on to an ID better within its depth parameters and is more consistent in harsh ground including wet salt beaches. I would look at the relationship between them as complimentary. And the variety of coils available for the DFX is amazing. What it lacks in depth natively, it can make up with huge coils like the 18" round, 18" Bigfoot, or 21"x"17 SEF. In open fields or forest or other low trash areas it has the potential to be a beast.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread