DFX threshold settings

richrider99

Mar 11, 2007
Puyallup,Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett GTA-1000, Garrett GTX1250, Garrett Master hunter 6, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett AT-Gold,Fisher CZ-5, Fisher CZ-6A, Fisher CZ-70, Fisher CZ-20, Fisher F75, Minelab Quattro, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you saved the settings in a custom mode it would always be there every time you turned it on and loaded that custom mode. But I suspect you need to send it in as a deep target might not get through the Threshold

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
richrider99 said:
While detecting in the pre-set mode the Threshold is at 23 & too loud! I go to settings turn it down to 5 and then back to hunt mode. Its still at 23. Do I need to use one of the custom modes to save the threshold at 5 ?

Five is pretty low. I'd like to make sure I understand how you are making the change and how you know it isn't working.
First, what preset program are you using? Let's assume you are using the factory Coin & Jewelry program, all booted up, balanced, and ready to go.
The factory default setting for threshold is 23. If you press 'Menu' then select 'Basic Settings', then down arrow to 'Threshold', you will be able to press 'Enter' to highlight the number 23. Use down arrow to turn the threshold down to 5, then pull the trigger to go back to search mode. If the sound in your headphones doesn't seem to have decreased from a roar to practically non-existant, press either the up arrow or down arrow to return to the threshold setting screen. If, after all this, the number has returned to 23, there is definitely something wrong with your detector.
This setting should remain until you remove the battery, re-load this program, or load another program.
If you want to make the change more permanent, then you need to save your modified program in one of the EEPROM slots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread