Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFXOnly hunt: Nate's report

Hey guys. As Mirage’s post revealed, we spent some time at the DFXOnly convention this weekend. I got there halfway through the second day and was unsure of where to start hunting until Mirage directed me to a fairly small area that he said many wheats and some nice amounts of silver had been pulled. I figured ok sounds good, they couldn’t have gotten everything. Well, I ended up staying in that spot for the rest of the day. Got 4 Rosies basically in the same hole, the 45 quarter, merc, and 3 more Rosies, 21 wheats, and 2 buffalos. Definitely not what I expected; I was planning on being content if I could find one or two silver for the day. So that felt great to have that kind of luck; I know others would’ve liked some more luck.
The second day came and we stayed for a few hours. I explored and wandered around and mustered up a random 64 quarter. Of course I returned to the previous day’s hot spot as well, and still managed a few old jeffersons and some memorials. No wheats on the 2nd day.

I agree with Mirage’s list of pros and cons that he made, but all in all I’d lable it a nice get-together with some great people and a wonderful site to hunt. Thanks again to Don, Beefcake, and all who participated in the arrangements of the convention
Plenty of wads of foil, some iron, etc:
TuscB.jpg

And of course:
TuscC.jpg

Group shot of the interesting stuff:
TuscA.jpg

Note the printing block in the top-middle. It prints “SMITTY”.
TuscD.jpg

It’s very faint but it appears to be 1916. The other buff is a no-date.
TuscE.jpg

I also figured I’d throw in some pics of what I found on a couple hunts before the DFXOnly convention. Probably about 6 hours total in some of our usual heavily hit sites. The 4 older wheats required me to dig LOTS of pulltabs out at one site to be able to hear their high tones.

April23B.jpg

Other side of the dog cuff and some nice older wheats.
April23A.jpg

Upvote 0

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: DFXOnly hunt: Nate's report

very nice finds

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

Nice finds Nate,

It was good to finally meet you. You did a real good job cleaning out the rest of that hillside.

HH Jer

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

Very nice hunt! Looks like it was really fun! ;D You guys sure got a lot of silver in that neck of the woods! :thumbsup:

wyattrr

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice Digs...How big was that spot that you pulled the majority from? Congrats for getting out...HH

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fantastic hunt, Nate! :o Congrats on all those finds!

Nana :)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice :)

HH

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice hunt Mr. Nate. :thumbsup:
That's a lot of silver Dude. I had to relook and make sure this wasn't Captn Dan's post. ;D :wink:
A lot of nice coins for sure. Can you Yankees send some of those down here please. We'll trade you buttons & CW bullets for old coins. :thumbsup:
Congrats on some nice finds,
MM

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JerDfx said:
Nice finds Nate,
It was good to finally meet you. You did a real good job cleaning out the rest of that hillside.
HH Jer

Thanks Jeremy, same with you and Lance. Yea, I'm surprised no one worked it more extensively and got some of the easy targets that people still missed.
wyattrr said:
Nice Digs...How big was that spot that you pulled the majority from? Congrats for getting out...HH

I dunno, most of the stuff was in an area about the size of the infeild of a ball diamond I guess, a bit bigger.
ModernMiner said:
That's a lot of silver Dude. I had to relook and make sure this wasn't Captn Dan's post. ;D :wink:
A lot of nice coins for sure. Can you Yankees send some of those down here please. We'll trade you buttons & CW bullets for old coins. :thumbsup:
Congrats on some nice finds,
MM

lol yea, Captn Dan sure can find ways to get his silver doesn't he...oh and remember, you were the one that had the half(?) reale at your site :wink:...even though Mirage stole it... :-[ but yea...anyway, never know when a Civil War era coin might show up huh?

Thanks guys!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread