Diamond Deposite in Southwest Illinois ???

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a book Dowsing For Treasure and Minerals by Sam Wolfe, the author included several sections of geological maps in the appendix that he'd dowsed. Several states are represented. There's one of the Carlinville area (Macoupin County) that he has labeled as quote, " Diamond Deposite--stones being washed into stream and continues beyond border of this map. Depth varies from surface to several feet." unquote. The area he has marked is a section of the Macoupin River, beginning a little northeast of town and continuing to the southeast part of town.

QUESTION: Has anyone ever reported finding diamonds in this area? Do any of the readers of this forum have that book? And have you tried to verify what Mr. Wolfe claimed?

I know that many folks in THing don't believe that dowsing is for real, but I believe that it is and I keep an opened mind to it.

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Wish it were true. However, don't believe in dowsing, and have never heard of any diamond deposits in Illinois.

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
DO NOT let the nay-sayers deter you, dude!! I heard a fella named 'Lobo Wolf" that was a superior dowser. IF this book is the same man, his word is good as gold! LoboWolf is(was, now deceased) a legendary treasure hunter! stvn.
Shortstack said:
In a book Dowsing For Treasure and Minerals by Sam Wolfe, the author included several sections of geological maps in the appendix that he'd dowsed. Several states are represented. There's one of the Carlinville area (Macoupin County) that he has labeled as quote, " Diamond Deposite--stones being washed into stream and continues beyond border of this map. Depth varies from surface to several feet." unquote. The area he has marked is a section of the Macoupin River, beginning a little northeast of town and continuing to the southeast part of town.

QUESTION: Has anyone ever reported finding diamonds in this area? Do any of the readers of this forum have that book? And have you tried to verify what Mr. Wolfe claimed?

I know that many folks in THing don't believe that dowsing is for real, but I believe that it is and I keep an opened mind to it.

OP
OP
Shortstack

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
morbiusandneo said:
DO NOT let the nay-sayers deter you, dude!! I heard a fella named 'Lobo Wolf" that was a surior dowser. IF this book is the same man, his word is good as gold! LoboWolf is(was, now deceased) a legendary treasure hunter! stvn.
Shortstack said:

I don't know if this is the same guy, but he states flat out in his book that he does not believe in the old line about "dowsing doesn't work if you're trying to make money on it." He called it bunk and claimed to have found money and minerals for his own and for others. I just take it with a grain of salt, BUT I don't say "never". There are simply TOO many things in this universe that we don't know about OR how to do.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
With the exception of King Solomon Lobo may prove to be the greatest money dowser that ever lived. The book that you refer to is good. The dowsed maps that he provided were for practice by his students. The easy sites are empty now. I would have to look to see but it may cost millions of dollars to mine those diamonds. Not all diamonds are gem quality. Many are only good for industrial uses. In addition to his books he also published the United Dowsers Association magazine which featured at least two articles by the "legendary" Sam Scafferri BTB the equally "legendary" Jack Black a well known dowsing sceptic. siegfried schlagrule

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldnt mind finding some ice!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread