Diamond In The Leaves

elkman13

Aug 24, 2003
Interesting find the other day. I was in school yard looking for what ever and this kid came over and asked if I could detect diamonds. It seams he and his friend were playing in some trees and his friend lost a 1ct diamond stud earring his mother had just bought him. I told him because of the gold stud I might find it. I looked where he said and could not find it. Moved over a few yards looking at every piece of metal I came across. Low and be hold a shiny diamond came out of the leaves. Hardly got munch more than a glance at it . The kid said thank and ran for home. I assume very happy. :)

Upvote 0

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
We always wonder how things become lost. That was a nice story explaining it and a great ending to the story as well. Not sure why a mother would buy their son a 1 carat stud though???

Guess I am a romantic as i always like stories to have a happy ending

Thanks for sharing your happy story

HH

Sanat

ted750

Aug 20, 2006
I would like to believe that I would do the same thing.... Lol, JK. But that's great, interesting to know that stuff still gets dropped! I'd keep checking out that school yard, if one kid dropped a diamond, maybe 10 kids dropped diamonds!

A man can dream, can't he?

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thats was a great thing you did there , I would have done the same thing .. GUzz1

OP
OP
E

elkman13

Aug 24, 2003
I must say ; my first thought was , give me your phone number and I will call. Thinking don't call me. But then second thought I new that wouldn't be right.

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
elkman13 said:
Interesting find the other day. I was in school yard looking for what ever and this kid came over and asked if I could detect diamonds. It seams he and his friend were playing in some trees and his friend lost a 1ct diamond stud earring his mother had just bought him.

A 1ct diamond stud earring??? For a kid??? Nice gift... :)

Nice job returning it!

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Way To Go! Nice gesture.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread