47.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3480.JPG
    IMG_3480.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 121

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice for those that can pass a sale with junk stones, When in doubt, I send lesser quality to ARA and see if they even make an offer. Most stones are likely synthetic or moissanite or quartz and are junk in these small pendants. The quality stones are set in higher quality pendants and shine like LED lights in low light and are the exception.
In pendants exactly like you pictured I have near zero real diamonds or are of any value in approximately $500,000 worth of gold purchases. The ones that do show excellent finish to the setting and typically a higher end maker and higher k gold other setting.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Contrary to what this guys experienced, I do come across a lot of real diamonds that look like that. Picked this baby up today!

image-174395963.jpg

All real, and pretty big!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
IMHO, it appears to be a Diamond due to the sparkle and light refraction and it does appear to have Carbon specking or inclusions inside the stone. However, without the stone in hand and a close inspection with a strong Gem Loupe, I cannot be certain!

Frank

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! Is that for the wife? If so, I'll bet that she is very happy.

Frank

Haha! I hope not for a while. 18 and in high school, and there's not way the girlfriends getting a thousand dollar necklace lol.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMHO, it appears to be a Diamond due to the sparkle and light refraction and it does appear to have Carbon specking or inclusions inside the stone. However, without the stone in hand and a close inspection with a strong Gem Loupe, I cannot be certain!

Frank
That's what I thought also. Looks good in the picture.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds!!!! The one Omega got looks like what my son in law gave my DD once .. except he paid full price for it (well, not totally full; his grandmother is in the jewelry business).

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with what's been said. It looks like it could be real, but can't be sure without closer inspection. I'm hoping you've got the real deal though!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conjecture, conjecture, conjecture. Just take it to a reputable jeweler and get it checked out by a professional, it's the ONLY way to tell. Trying to ID it from a photo is like map dowsing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread