Diamondback number THREE in a week!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Maryland, it is illegal to kill any snake. Period. We have the best politicians money can buy!

In Arizona I found out you need a hunting licence to kill a rattler.

Strange county we live in.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In Maryland, it is illegal to kill any snake. Period. We have the best politicians money can buy!

License to kill rattlers in AZ? I don't know about that one. California: regulations on rattlesnakes is anytime, any method. ╦╦C

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Googled it. Lots of states have no laws. Other states will send you to jail. And not the drug dealers, apparently. Heck, I didn't know it was illegal to kill one here in Maryland until Megalodon pointed it out to me. Fortunately, I have cut all the bushes away from the house to reduce habitat, the bobcat used the bushes to ambush birds, and I haven't even seen a snake in a long time.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just looked it up too. I did not know you had to be licensed to kill a rattlesnake in AZ. I'm covered, I have a lifetime hunting/fishing veteran's license in AZ. Thanks for the info, sir. ╦╦C

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem. I've been told each and every one of us breaks at least 7 laws a day of one sort or another, and I'm not talking exclusively traffic violations.

Some laws need to be undone. In our county seat, I still think it's illegal to spit on a street! Goes back to the days tuberculosis was rampant!

Odd times we live in.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have the right to defend ourselves, see snakes, kill snakes, eat snakes. Many laws pertaining to snakes do not make sense.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No problem. I've been told each and every one of us breaks at least 7 laws a day of one sort or another, and I'm not talking exclusively traffic violations.

Some laws need to be undone. In our county seat, I still think it's illegal to spit on a street! Goes back to the days tuberculosis was rampant!

Odd times we live in.
In Milwaukee, it is still against the law if you tie up your horse on a city street for more than a half hour without a feed bag on his face. YES! ╦╦C

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other

Yep, same in Virginia

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honest Samuel, although I doubt you'll EVER see a timber rattler in Connecticut, you can go to jail for killing one as they are endangered.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Odd times we live in.

There are OVER 33,000,000 laws on the books here in America.:tongue3:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you had rattlesnakes around YOUR kids; dog; cat - You would kill them in a heartbeat. People that have never lived with this natural hazard have no freaking clue what they would do in this situation. We do. :occasion14:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite likely Terry, but you won't use a noisy gun and you won't tell anyone what happened.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you had rattlesnakes around YOUR kids; dog; cat - You would kill them in a heartbeat. People that have never lived with this natural hazard have no freaking clue what they would do in this situation. We do. :occasion14:
UPDATE: number four was found today ... at the ac unit, along with two shed skins. The neighbor told Alice he found TEN while digging fence posts recently. Seems to be a LOT of the critters this year. ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quite likely Terry, but you won't use a noisy gun and you won't tell anyone what happened.
Actually, Smokey, I have talked to AZ Fish and Game and I am told I can have four, live or dead, IN POSSESSION. After disposing of the snakes, I am allowed to hunt again, as long as I have no more than 4 in possession. I hold a valid AZ hunting license. ╦╦C

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could just make pets out of them:notworthy: But don't really do that.

The last recorded timber rattler in my county was about 1988? Give or take a couple years. It was found dead in the road, hit by a car.

Last edited:

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honest Samuel, although I doubt you'll EVER see a timber rattler in Connecticut, you can go to jail for killing one as they are endangered.

Only 2 venomous snakes in CT. Timber rattlers and copperheads. I've seen them both.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions