Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
001.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG
Don't have much to report for the last couple of days, a bunch of clad, Disney toy cars, the usual junk...Hittin' the beach hard the last couple of days...but how about these two Bobby Pins ? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice decorative bobby pin finds, wildcarrot.

They look to be in very good condition.

The only ones that I find are rusty.

HH
Lorraine

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
That's why I dig everything at the beach with my PI. Bobby pins usually double-beep on my machine. I dig them anyway. I have a magnet zip-tied to my scoop to collect them. I always hope that it will turn out like your find! Nice !!!!!

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Are the pins themselves marked silver or gold? Have you tested the stones to see if they are real? Surely, one would not put a diamond on a plain steel bobby pin.?. I would think the pins would be gold or at least silver, and since they seem to be in good shape, maybe they are. Remember too that not all gold is marked. I had some custom 14k earrings made for my wife and they are not marked and I have found two rings that are not marked and test 14k. I also have a family ring that has been passed down for 4 generations now and it is not marked but tests 14k. The ring has been resized a couple of times and I think that is how the "k" mark went away, it was cut out with the resizing. Nice find however it turns out. Wish I could be hunting, but family duties call. HH, and Merry Christmas. Beach Papa

OP
OP
wildcarrot

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the pins themselves marked silver or gold? Have you tested the stones to see if they are real? Surely, one would not put a diamond on a plain steel bobby pin.?. I would think the pins would be gold or at least silver, and since they seem to be in good shape, maybe they are. Remember too that not all gold is marked. I had some custom 14k earrings made for my wife and they are not marked and I have found two rings that are not marked and test 14k. I also have a family ring that has been passed down for 4 generations now and it is not marked but tests 14k. The ring has been resized a couple of times and I think that is how the "k" mark went away, it was cut out with the resizing. Nice find however it turns out. Wish I could be hunting, but family duties call. HH, and Merry Christmas. Beach Papa
Beach Papa there aren't any markings but I'm sure they are just for fun. With a loop you can see a little rust/corrosion on the pins....the stones are way to perfect to be real.
Happy Holidays to you too.
Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread