39.8 KB · Views: 558
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 562
Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I'd rather search dimes than halves. Don't know why, I just like them. In order to keep my dumps down I haven't searched one box or roll of dimes all year. Got nearly 400 keepers last year.
After seeing your score :thumbsup: :thumbsup:it looks like I'm going to fall off the dime wagon as well.
Thanks
Rich

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
how many are 1964? now i feel like i want some dime boxes, wanted to complete a roll one day but not even half way :(

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Hey SC - I've done so few dimes lately that I'm not sure if that is good. I used to do dimes when I could just dump mixed bags but my dump bank clamped down on that. I was working to fill my Roosevelt and Mercury dime books then. I am down to six on the Rooselvelt and did pretty well with the Mercury book. My best roll was six silvers and once got two Mercury from a machine roll. Maybe I'll hit them again in the fall when things slow down at work.

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
wow diver you da dime man. jim i dont do dimes on a regular basis. i just pick up boxes of dimes when the halves go bad. might be doing dimes more now if the half boxes here dont get to smelling better.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
silvercop said:
wow diver you da dime man. jim i dont do dimes on a regular basis. i just pick up boxes of dimes when the halves go bad. might be doing dimes more now if the half boxes here dont get to smelling better.

I just like to break up the monotony of halves. Most are Rosies, but 2 of the tubes are mercs and half of the one tube are barbers. I just liked the challenge. Beautiful mahogany cigar box, I found some old glass cigar tubes (grandpa's and garage sales), and tried to fill the box by CRH'ing. Now, I've exceeded the box, but have a few glass tubes remaining. It makes for a nice display.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Hey good to know your not giving up. Dimes can be fun but I would also mix in nickels. Just my thought but you could find a good mix this way.

Golden Silver

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Reading this thread must have brung ME luck as yesterday I got (4) Rosies and a Merc out of 4 boxes. Last time I think I got 2 out of 4 boxes. Will see what I can scrounge up today, hoping for 3K. HH Mark

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i have been hitting it dry lately with the silver dimes....low volume....4 in the last 450 rolls.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds silver cop. Wow Diver_Down.

My eyes really hurt after going thru one box of dimes. Can't guess how you guys do it.

apush :read2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread