Did 5 dime boxes and almost got skunked

capitalfun8

Dec 6, 2011
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi fellow coin roll hunters after I dumped some coin at my dump bank I drove to a few banks and picked up 5 boxes of dimes. When I got home I started to unwrap and look for silver after the first 2 boxes and absolutely no silver I started to get annoyed. I then started to do the rest of the boxes and when I had a few rolls left I commented to my wife saying wow I cant believe no silver after 5 boxes when there is always silver in every box but then I found this gem of a dime. pictures below

Attachments

• coin 2.jpg
    coin 2.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 101
  • coin 1.jpg
    coin 1.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 0

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find! I did one box of dimes today and got a 1944 merc which is my oldest dime found coin hunting, a 64 and a 1959 canadian.

OP
OP
C

capitalfun8

Dec 6, 2011
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
A gem indeed!! :icon_salut: Brinks box?

No I switched to Loomis because I always got brinks because that was my main pickup bank but saw online some other CRH in my area was doing a little better with loomis so I tested the water did 12 boxes last week all loomis and got 17 rosies and 3 mercs which was crazy on the mercs because brinks only yielded 1 merc in the year of doing like 3 to 4 boxes of brinks a week.

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
No I switched to Loomis because I always got brinks because that was my main pickup bank but saw online some other CRH in my area was doing a little better with loomis so I tested the water did 12 boxes last week all loomis and got 17 rosies and 3 mercs which was crazy on the mercs because brinks only yielded 1 merc in the year of doing like 3 to 4 boxes of brinks a week.

I do much better with Loomis dimes and nickels as well, gonna see if I can find a place to get Loomis halves as well. All I've found are Brinks halves and getting skunked.

OP
OP
C

capitalfun8

Dec 6, 2011
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I do much better with Loomis dimes and nickels as well, gonna see if I can find a place to get Loomis halves as well. All I've found are Brinks halves and getting skunked.

yeah let me know what you find out havent asked for halves yet

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find. Good condition for a seated. Someone's kid must have been scrounging for candy money and pulled it from mom and dad's collection...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread