did 6 boxes of dimes today

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Dimes seem so hard for me. Do you just edge search and dump at a place with a coin counting machine? I dunno how you do so many so fast.

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
yea i just edge search. i think i would go blind if i looked at them by date. i then dump into a coin counter at a bank that i know the machine will reject silver to see if i missed any..so far i am batting a 1000. the reject shoot has not spit out any silver

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I tried dimes for a while and found a few, but at all my dump banks I seemed to get ripped off because the machines wanted to count the dimes as pennies. I never could figure it out?

I stick to halves now and seem to get accurate counts from the machines. If I had a decent dump bank machine that did not rip me off on dimes I would do them cause they are so easy to get from all banks (either customer or fed rolls) and there seems to be more silver dimes out there as opposed to quarters. I think the time is fast approaching that 1000 dollars in dimes will yield as much silver as 1000 dollars in halves, but I hate the thought of that.

Jim

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the dimes! :thumbsup:

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
If the machine spits out silver dimes, why not do anything other than break the rolls and dump?

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
Nice score. :thumbsup:
I've only been getting one silver per four boxes. You are doing good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread