Did A Lot Of Walking, But It Payed Off !!!!!!

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have shut down deer season almost 2 weeks before the end of the month due to flooding . So I went for a long walk 1st field nothing but chips, so I changed states and drove about 60 miles to a field that has a midden mound that was shoved down by farming . The ground had not been turned has good has I like, but I walked it. 1st find I was on fire, it looks like a crude Dalton. Toadys hunt fish hook 006.JPG My second find broke my heart I thought I had found a killer. Toadys hunt fish hook 008.JPG My 3rd find hurt but not so bad, it's a nice Evans with a broken ear. Toadys hunt fish hook 010.JPG I had done walked my tail off and spotted were hogs had been rooting an thought great some broken ground. It was a mush hole my boots would get mud all over them and I would have to kick it off so I didn't have the bigfoot syndrome. I was ready to leave and I almost walked right pass my last find. At first I didn't think it was much because it was so white and then I rolled it out with my finger. Toadys hunt fish hook 003.JPG Needless to say I walked around in the muck another hour. All I can say is that I'm glad I went to N.E. La. because bone in Ms. does not last long, to much acid in the soil. I have found a few of these in Tn., but this is my 1st La. hook. This is some cleaned up shots. Toadys hunt fish hook 014.JPG Toadys hunt fish hook 013.JPG The hook is 1 3/8 inch long.

Upvote 0

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! :thumbsup: It cannot get any better than that fish hook. Looks like you need to go back and do some more looking in that area.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
in my view your finds beat gold coin banners every day of the week. dont get me wrong, gold is great stuff but a bone fish hook that you found yourself?...THAT'S what i'm talking bout!

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is so cool one day maybe I will get lucky enough NOTWORT

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing hook and the gray point looks neat would be good to see it without dirt on it.

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That is one artifact that totally blows me away...My chances of finding one is pretty close to nill the soil around here eats bone up...Always wanted to find one to add with a plummet for a wall display....mjm...

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to be hard to top that for the rest of the year. Already found your year maker.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some great looking pieces. The more miles you walk the better your odds of finding great pieces like those.

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
That hook is awesome! I have never found any bone. Southwest Georgia soil is not good for bone. Hope you have a great year.

OP
OP
monsterrack

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing hook and the gray point looks neat would be good to see it without dirt on it.

If I get off in time the next day or so I will wash off the points. I left out at 2am and just got home at 8:15pm,got to be back at it by 4 am. Thanks everyone for the kind words and I hope I have not shot my year Rock, but if I did I'll take it!!!!!!!!

S

stefen

Looks like Bambi got a break of a lifetime and in return you made some great finds.

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, the hook is in real good condition, wonder if could be of something other than bone (ivory or antler), regardless a real neat find. I had never seen an Evans point before evidently only common to LA. And eastern Texas, those are neat looking points! Way to go.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread